I cannot reinstall OfficeSuite

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2012 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

wlvrine

I cannot reinstall OfficeSuite

Post by wlvrine » Fri May 22, 2015 11:50 am

I paid for a version of OfficeSuite. The initial download and install worked correctly. Since then my hard drive crashed and I was forced to buy a new hard drive, but now when I get to the point of installing OfficeSuite on my new hard drive I run into a roadblock.

After double clicking on the installation executable the "Softmaker Office Suite Setup" window pops up. This welcome screen asks me to close any programs that are running etc. and there is the option to click either "next" or "cancel"

When I click the "next" button the installation window appears with the green bar indicating the progress of the installation. The green bar quickly moves from left to right and when it finishes...it closes the window without further instruction. Nothing happens.

Please help me resolve this issue.
Regards,
wlvrine

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: I cannot reinstall OfficeSuite

Post by sven-l » Fri May 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Which Windows are you using? Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or even Windows 10 Preview?
Please restart your machine and try again. If it doesn't help, please download the setup file again using another browser and make sure that no firewall or anti virus is blocking the download (just to be sure you have the complete file and not only a part of it).
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

wlvrine

Post by wlvrine » Sun May 24, 2015 7:08 pm

I am using windows 7. I restarted my computer. I did not use any specific browser to download the setup application. Instead I have a file that I saved from TigerDirect that would initialize the downloading of the softmaker suite. I started the downloader, downloaded the suite, followed the prompts to launch Softmaker, but after the green bar completes the setup, the window closes and nothing else happens.

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Tue May 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Hello,

Download and start the Windows Installer Cleaner: http://windows-installer-cleanup-utilit ... tonic.com/

Then retry the SoftMaker Office 2012 setup.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2012 for Windows (General)”