Installing FreeOffice

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2012 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bellwilliam

Installing FreeOffice

Postby bellwilliam » Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Upon installing FreeOffice we continually get the error "The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Programs\SoftMaker Free Office. The instillation cannot continue. Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator."

Problem is that we ARE logged in as Administrator (only account on this machine and it is the Administrator.) The first time it happened we chose 'retry' which did not work so we chose 'cancel' which rolled back the instillation. Then we tried 'Run as administrator' and got the same results? (We had completely uninstalled Office 2010 before trying to install FreeOffice.)

Where do we go from here?

Thanks in advance!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installing FreeOffice

Postby sven-l » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:51 am

Please check the permissions of the .exe file:

- Right mouse click on the .exe file=>Properties
- In the "Security" tab click on "Edit"
- Check that the "Permissions for System" are all checked/active
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

photog48

Postby photog48 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:05 pm

I have the same problem. I try to install the software but get a message that I have insufficient privileges. run as administrator.
I am the admin and even when I try to 'run as administrator' when I execute the file, it still won't load. I followed the suggesting of right clicking on the .exe file and checking the permissions, but again it all looks right, but software won't load.
Please help!!
thanks,
Ken

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:07 pm

photog48 wrote:I have the same problem. I try to install the software but get a message that I have insufficient privileges. run as administrator.
I am the admin and even when I try to 'run as administrator' when I execute the file, it still won't load. I followed the suggesting of right clicking on the .exe file and checking the permissions, but again it all looks right, but software won't load.
Please help!!
thanks,
Ken

Please provide the exact error message (or a screenshot). The message claimed in the original post doesn't make sense, so I would be really surprised if you had the exact same message.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

photog48

Postby photog48 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:17 am

Believe it or not, my message was the same - Insufficient privileges to access folder. Log on as Administrator -
But I tried to recreate the problem and lo and behold, this time the software installed with no error message. I followed the exact same steps. computers, can't live with them, can't live without them!!

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2012 for Windows (General)”