Expand Collapes feature.

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

OZ-LINX

Expand Collapes feature.

Post by OZ-LINX » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:30 pm

Good afternoon Guy's,

Just trailing your wonderful software in the hope of replacing M/S office and by God I think you have the solution...great stuff.

Wondering if you can keep the main Em Client window "Collapsed" on opening rather than having to right click and collapse every time it opens ? or does this rectify itself when purchasing the full version ?

And secondly, is there a limit to how many computers I can install on once purchasing the software ?

many thanks in advance.
Andrew.

OZ-LINX

Re: Expand Collapes feature.

Post by OZ-LINX » Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi again Guy's

ok a bit more reading and I see the licence is for 3 computers which is great so resolved that one thank you.

The Expand/Collapse function is still eluding me though, are there functions in the demo version that don't work as they should in the full version ?

thanks again.
Andrew.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:16 pm

We referred your question to the developers and will inform you as soon as there is a feedback.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

OZ-LINX

Post by OZ-LINX » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:45 pm

Thank you Sven.
Another issue that I have which seems related to either a faulty install or again all functions in the demo not working as they would or should in the full version (paid for) is that the "order that sent/received emails are stored can't be changed from oldest to newest" in other words in my folders they show the latestest received email at the bottom of the list and I want/need them to be at the top, I see there is a area to control that but it doesn't seem to work as well some other similar areas that seem to function as they should.!!

thanks again for your feedback.
Andrew

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm

OZ-LINX wrote:Good afternoon Guy's,

Just trailing your wonderful software in the hope of replacing M/S office and by God I think you have the solution...great stuff.

Wondering if you can keep the main Em Client window "Collapsed" on opening rather than having to right click and collapse every time it opens ? or does this rectify itself when purchasing the full version ?

And secondly, is there a limit to how many computers I can install on once purchasing the software ?

many thanks in advance.
Andrew.
There is no possible way how you can keep the main window "Collapsed" because something must be displayed and it is up to you what you choose. The default value is "Inbox" and it automatically expands default mail account.
If you want to minimize number of folders shown on startup, uncheck "Show Global folders" and "Show Local folders" in Tools -> Settings -> General
and then you can choose one folder from the drop down list.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:29 pm

OZ-LINX wrote:Thank you Sven.
Another issue that I have which seems related to either a faulty install or again all functions in the demo not working as they would or should in the full version (paid for) is that the "order that sent/received emails are stored can't be changed from oldest to newest" in other words in my folders they show the latestest received email at the bottom of the list and I want/need them to be at the top, I see there is a area to control that but it doesn't seem to work as well some other similar areas that seem to function as they should.!!

thanks again for your feedback.
Andrew
I will refer that question to the developers but please open a new thread next time for every question. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

OZ-LINX

Post by OZ-LINX » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Thank you again Sven and my apologies, will do.

It seems you may have misunderstood my question and I probably worded it incorrectly, let me try and clarify..
I'm referring actually to the folders within that main window not collapsing ie: I have say 3 different email accounts folders within the Inbox for example and if I am in my Oz-linx email folder all the emails from every individual open expanded instead of in the collapsed state, so If I had 20 emails from Sven and 30 from Bill and 5 from whoever they are all listed instead of just being the single folder from each recipient, if you know what I mean.

hope that helps.
Andrew.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:57 am

Here is an answer from the developers regarding your question:

---

There is no such a difference between free and paid version. I am sure you can sort your emails from newest using "Received" column - check your Column settings. In case you can not, try update your eM client to the newest version and inform me how it works.
Tip: In Settings -> Read you can allow "Show complete date and time in message list"

P.s. I am not sure what settings you have, but go to Settings - Appearance - tab Mail and here select "New messages on the top" from the drop down list(Set date sort order).
I hope this will help.

---
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”