Importing more than 25 GB in PSTs into eMClient - Chills....

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

OttoAcuna

Importing more than 25 GB in PSTs into eMClient - Chills....

Post by OttoAcuna » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:47 am

Hello,

I have run the trial and I wish to say that your product is great. You provide a real alternative to Office. We are considering the purchase of the professional suite 2012 for windows, but one thing is worrying us: e-mail.

We are e-mail intensive and I am currently using Outlook 2007 with around 15 PSTs opened, more than 15 years worth of information. Due to size limitations, I have kept the PSTs in max 2GB each. I use a wonderful indexing application called X1 to index all the PSTs into an interface that allows me to search very quickly.

I read that eM Client only uses 1 database where it imports all the "local" email (the PSTs content). I am worried that importing such amount of data would make eMClient unstable and thus unusable for me. I have read conflicting posting about whether is 2, 3, 4 GB in size, but not 25 GB. Also on a side note, I am worried about the indexing and searching capabilities I will have once imported.

Could someone provide me with some practical info on whether or not I am pushing the envelope with this amount of data and expectations of swift searching?

Best Regards from the Tropics
San José, Costa Rica
Central America

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Importing more than 25 GB in PSTs into eMClient - Chills

Post by sven-l » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:12 am

I referred your question to the developers and will report here as soon as I have an answer.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

OttoAcuna

Post by OttoAcuna » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:32 pm

Thank you Sven. I will be monitoring this thread to check for an answer, hopefully a good one.

Thank you for your swift response.

Regards,

Otto

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:33 pm

Here is the answer from the developers:

---

eM Client is designed for quite large data files. It internally uses robust SQL engine and stores
data that is used often separately from the other data.
eM Client should work with a 25 gigabyte database just fine. On the other hand you must expect a slower
search responses and probably higher load time. We test with 15-20 gigabyte databases and the product
is able to handle that.

---
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

OttoAcuna

Post by OttoAcuna » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:53 pm

This is good news. I will do the corresponding tests.

Best Regards,

Otto

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”