Impossible to use em-client

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Irat56410

Impossible to use em-client

Post by Irat56410 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:23 am

Hello!
I have just re-installed Softmaker Office suite 2012 which I bought (update to Professional version from Standard) on June 16th 2012)
Everything works fine except EM Client! It does not want to open, sending a message telling this is an old version, which has to be upgraded. Automatically is impossible; says it cannot find the site!
I went to different sites trying to find version 5 and download it to upgrade my software. No joy! I am very sorry to be stuck like that! Can you help me? Because it is not worth having bought and installed SM Office Professional version, if part of it does not work...
Thank you very much in advance.
Pierre

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Impossible to use em-client

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:11 pm

Please download the newest version of eM Client for SoftMaker here (use the link at the top):
http://www.emclient.com/release-history-softmaker

After an installation everything should work properly.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Irat56410

Post by Irat56410 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Thank you so much, Sven! Everything is fine now!
Enjoy the happy celebrations of the Winter season...
Best regards.
Pierre

perryed

Post by perryed » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:41 am

If you use the download link for the eM client install then you lose all your email and email settings. Result? Much angst!

Fortunately, I used your tips and trick (see below) and had safestored my eMail and simply copied in after the eM link install.

Question: Where does SoftMaker eM Client Professional store its data (e-mails, contacts, events, etc.) ? I would like to add them to my backup tool.

Answer: SoftMaker eM Client Professional stores all its data in the folder eM Client for SoftMaker, the location of which depends on the Windows version you use:

Windows XP (English version): Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\eM Client for SoftMaker (in localized versions of Windows XP, replace "Application Data" with its localized name).

Windows Vista and Windows 7: Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\eM Client for SoftMaker

Please note that the folders Application Data and AppData are invisible by default in Windows. You can make them visible using the folder settings.

Tip: If you set up your backup tool to save the folder "Documents and Settings" or "Users" respectively, it will include the data files of SoftMaker eM Client Professional as well.

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”