Unable to get rid of event reminder

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

atom

Unable to get rid of event reminder

Post by atom » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:59 am

I'm using eM Client version 4.0.14690.0 on Win7 64bit. All accounts configured for offline use.

I receive meeting requests that are put in a Calendar. That Calendar gets synchronized with a server. The meeting requests are sent with a reminder set.

When the reminder pops up, there is no way to shut it down any more. Dismissing it causes the reminder window to go away and pop up again in a second. The only way to kill it is to remove the event itself, which is not an acceptable workaround. Even worse, if the reminder is for an occurrence of a repeated event, you've to delete the whole series to stop the reminder window popping up.

Can you tell me a solution for the problem above?

Related issue: why you cannot change the reminder settings of an invitation? The server (e.g. Google) makes it possible, eM Client won't store the changes, however.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Unable to get rid of event reminder

Post by sven-l » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:25 am

There will be a new version (eM Client 5) available later this week as a free, automatic update. Please try again with that version.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

atom

Re: Unable to get rid of event reminder

Post by atom » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:38 am

OK, thanks. Let's see!

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”