Delete/Remove Double Entries?

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Delete/Remove Double Entries?

Postby Avatar » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I'm new to this office suite and am learning my way slowly. I mistakenly imported my Outlook calendar twice to the eM Client program so that now my calendar has two entries for each appt. I've made. Is there an easy way to remove the extra copy or just to wipe it out so that I can just import it again once? Thanks for any help you can give!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Delete/Remove Double Entries?

Postby sven-l » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:10 am

In Tools=>Accounts you can add or remove calendars.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Postby Avatar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:43 am

Thank you!

Edit: Actually, now that I've looked, I don't see anywhere I can remove an account there. I can only add a new account. What am I missing?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:33 am

Just click on the account in Tools=>Accounts and then on "Delete account" to remove it.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Postby Avatar » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Honestly, I don't know what is wrong. Maybe I only have one account but double entries? This is what I see:

eM Client 1.jpg

eM Client 2.jpg

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:47 pm

You have two calendars in the left side bar enabled. You can right click on them and open the Properties sheet where you can assign different colors to them. That would make it easier to see which appointment is from which calendar.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Postby Avatar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:38 am

sven-l wrote:You have two calendars in the left side bar enabled. You can right click on them and open the Properties sheet where you can assign different colors to them. That would make it easier to see which appointment is from which calendar.

That 2nd calendar only has holidays in it. Now that I know about right clicking and saw I could import those into the first calendar I have deleted it but still have all these double entries that I still haven't manually deleted yet. :(

So is there a way to just easily start over? Should I just delete the calendar I have and then import it again? Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:34 am

Start over? Just invoke Tools=>Accounts, delete the account and try again (import or set it up again).
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Postby Avatar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:22 pm

sven-l wrote:Start over? Just invoke Tools=>Accounts, delete the account and try again (import or set it up again).

Okay, this is where I keep having issues and why I posted and feel stupid. In my above attached pics you can see that there is absolutely no option for me to select where I can delete the current account. All I can do is set up a new account under Tools/Accounts. Could it be because I never setup an account but only imported data from Outlook? I'm quite confused here. :?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:48 am

sven-l wrote:Start over? Just invoke Tools=>Accounts, delete the account and try again (import or set it up again).

Okay, this is where I keep having issues and why I posted and feel stupid. In my above attached pics you can see that there is absolutely no option for me to select where I can delete the current account. All I can do is set up a new account under Tools/Accounts. Could it be because I never setup an account but only imported data from Outlook? I'm quite confused here. :?

Yes, that could be the reason. If you want a complete new start in eM Client, just rename the folder 'eM Client for SoftMaker', which keeps the database:
http://www.softmaker.com/english/tipsem_en.htm
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”