Intallation issue - wrong language utilised

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Dicky

Intallation issue - wrong language utilised

Postby Dicky » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:20 am

I have just purchased SoftMaker Office Pro 2012 today as an upgrade from a previous version.

During installation I selected the Typical install and only English was selected for the install language.

The installation language has somehow switched to something other than English (Czech?) so that I am unable to read any of the menus.

I have gone through the Uninstall process, then reinstalled but it continue to come up in this other language.

I have also downloaded the installation file again using the link given during purchase, and this also installs with the wrong language, even though English is selected.

I have separately uninstalled using both the windows uninstall program option, and uinst_smo12.exe. Neither fixes the problem (and neither cleans the registry properly, by the way).

I don’t know how to fix it, and the eM Client is therefore totally unusable.

The other applications in softMaker Office do install correctly.

Help!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Intallation issue - wrong language utilised

Postby sven-l » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:42 am

Please check the regional settings in the control panel of Windows. It seems that some of these language settings are incorrect. The setup will automatically detect the system language and use it.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Dicky

Postby Dicky » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Thank you.

The language specified in the Regional and Language Options (Control Panel) is correct (New Zealand English). No other language is installed.

If the installation automatically detects the system language and uses it, as you say, why then does the setup ask for the installation language in the first step of the installation?

Also, why is the installation language correct for TextMaker, PlanMaker and SoftMaker Presentations (using the system language NZ English) but it is not correct for eM Client?

I note that the eM Client installation is a separate process, initiated after installation of the rest of SoftMaker Office 2012. Is this a pointer to help resolve this situation?

Something is inconsistent here, all pointing, to me, to a problem with the eM Client installation.

Further suggestions welcomed.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I will write you an PM.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”