Font, font colour and page colour in my emails are wrong.

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

GTPine

Font, font colour and page colour in my emails are wrong.

Postby GTPine » Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:59 pm

I installed Softmaker Office Pro with eM Client on Windows 8. Installation went smoothly, as well as eM Client import from Thunderbird.
However, from the start the emails I sent from eM Client have used the wrong font and page colours.
To start with, emails sent from the totally fresh installation all had a black page background with black text meaning they were unreadable.
I created a template and set the page background and initially when I tried to send an email it eM Client said it couldn't find the attachment. I now understand this is because although I had selected a page colour in the Template Editing window, the radio button was still on 'Picture' and hadn't switched to 'Colour'.
So I clicked on 'Colour' chose white as the page background colour, and re-saved the template, set all 5 IMAP email accounts to use the template for new emails, forwards and replies, but the emails still send with a black background. If you view the sent email in eM Client the background is black, although it was white when I clicked send (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to see what I was writing). Viewing the sent email in Outlook on my wife's computer it was unreadable with a black background too.
I then edited the template to choose a grey background. This seemed to work - the sent email shows with a grey background in the sent folder in eM Client - but the email received by Outlook on my wife's PC had a tan background with purple text! Opening the email in Paperport on my PC also showed tan and purple.
Forwarded emails currently show with red text, and sometimes in what seems to be Times New Roman although the template font is Trebuchet MS!
This is unacceptable for business use. I have never had any of these issues in all my years of using Outlook. I don't like Outlook but at least it works. Is there a solution please? If I could just get basic emails to send reliably with black text on a white page it would be really helpful.
Additionally the send receive keeps randomly failing when any security (SSL/TLS) is used on the connection - I can see this is a common problem with eM client. Will there be a solution to this too?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Font, font colour and page colour in my emails are wrong

Postby sven-l » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:39 am

There will be an (free) update for all users of SoftMaker Office to the new eM Client version 5. This will improve the compatibility with Windows 8. Please try again as soon as this update is available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

msmelo

Re: Font, font colour and page colour in my emails are wrong

Postby msmelo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:58 am

sven-l wrote:There will be an (free) update for all users of SoftMaker Office to the new eM Client version 5. This will improve the compatibility with Windows 8. Please try again as soon as this update is available.

These are great news! I'm a happy camper! :D

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”