Solved! (Norton 360 doesn't backup the eMail client mails)

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

LieberDeutsch

Solved! (Norton 360 doesn't backup the eMail client mails)

Postby LieberDeutsch » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:01 pm

For years and years now I've successfully used Norton 360 and backing up my Oulook pst files was never a problem. But now that I'm using eMail client from Softmaker my mails aren't back upped anymore. Norton just refuses to back up the hidden folder AppData in which Softmaker stores the e-mails.

Now it seems I can store my e-mails somewhere else, for instance in My Documents, but I have to keep some file in my AppData folder. Could you please explain step by step how I have to move my eClient mail storage to My Documents without problems?

Thank you.

ETA: Managed to include the AppData folder in Norton Backup. So: problem solved! :D Thanks for reading.

Hans Nieuwenhuis

Re: Solved! (Norton 360 doesn't backup the eMail client mail

Postby Hans Nieuwenhuis » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:42 pm

In case someone else wants to know how to change the path/folder in which eM Client is saving it's files (like e-mails):

Start eM Client
go to Tools --> Settings
Select 'Storage' in the left column

There you can change the path/folder for the data files of eM Client. There is also written that you can just copy your existing data files to this new directory and then restart eM Client.

LieberDeutsch

Postby LieberDeutsch » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:07 pm

Hans Nieuwenhuis wrote:In case someone else wants to know how to change the path/folder in which eM Client is saving it's files (like e-mails):

Start eM Client
go to Tools --> Settings
Select 'Storage' in the left column

There you can change the path/folder for the data files of eM Client. There is also written that you can just copy your existing data files to this new directory and then restart eM Client.

Thank you for this information. But... there's also written that file settings.xml always must remain in the original default location (in a subdirectory of your user profile). And it's exacty this info that refuses me. If it would have been a simple matter of replacing the entire folder to another location I'lld never have asked the question above to begin with. So... do you know what to do exactly with the info about the file settings.xml?

Hans Nieuwenhuis

Postby Hans Nieuwenhuis » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:11 pm

I assume you need to leave the file 'settings.xml' where it is now. An application always will assume a certain place where it can find its settings. If you remove this file, eM Client won't be able anymore to find its settings file.

LieberDeutsch

Postby LieberDeutsch » Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:26 pm

Hans Nieuwenhuis wrote:I assume you need to leave the file 'settings.xml' where it is now. An application always will assume a certain place where it can find its settings. If you remove this file, eM Client won't be able anymore to find its settings file.

Thank you Hans for this additional info!
Well, for now I've got NO problems with my eMail client! :D

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”