Problem importing from Outlook 2002

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

edsangwell

Problem importing from Outlook 2002

Postby edsangwell » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:25 am

I've just purchased an upgrade to SoftMaker 2012 Professional from Ashampoo Office 2012 mainly to get eM Client. I have installed it and as part of the install imported lots of emails from Outlook.
I haven't been using the Ashampoo product so I'm very new to these products and your support environment.
I quickly discovered that most imported emails are complete with addressing, date, time, subject and attachments except they are missing the body or contents of the email which is mostly text but often includes embedded images. I have been using MS Outlook 2002 (since then). I sent and received messages with my Hotmail account and there was no problem of missing content.

Is there another way to import these emails to overcome this problem?

There are a number of other issues which hopefully are due to my inexperience with this good looking product.
1) The rules have not been imported. I have many rules in Outllook for directing incoming emails to many appropriate folders and sometimes marking as read;
2) When creating a new message the To/cc/bcc buttons are not labeled even though when clicking any button there appears to be space for the labels to be displayed;
3) While composing this message I copied the text to TextMaker to do a spell check. TextMaker picked up “labeled” as incorrect and offered “labelled” as a correct alternative. Well, my spelling is correct, TextMaker’s is not.

I’d like help with the importing urgently please as I wish to retire Outlook as soon as possible - it appears to have a Trojan at work.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem importing from Outlook 2002

Postby sven-l » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:44 am

I will refer your question to the developers of the eM Client and answer here as soon as I have an answer.

Regarding #3: Please make sure that the correct language is chosen in Tools=>Options=>Language.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”