importing PST files

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mshideler

importing PST files

Postby mshideler » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 pm

I am using the SoftMaker email package on a new machine that does not have Outlook on it currently. I have a PST file from a computer that does not work. How do I get the PST file into the softmaker email package? When you try to run the import tools the program assumes that you have outlook on the same machine and does not seem to have an option to import a PST.

Am I missing something? Not everyone will have the luxory of being able to have access to Outlook but they may have PST files from the past that they need to get at.

<edit>

I managed to install eM onto the old machine and imported the PST data. Where is the default location on the c: drive that the eM client keeps its email/contacts files(s) so I can copy them over to the new machine? Looks lke all the email information, contacts, etc came in. The export options looks like it wants to give me one file per email, oi. Would be easier just to copy the eM Client's data from the old to the new computer.

Thank you.

mshideler

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: importing PST files

Postby sven-l » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:26 am

mshideler wrote:I am using the SoftMaker email package on a new machine that does not have Outlook on it currently. I have a PST file from a computer that does not work. How do I get the PST file into the softmaker email package? When you try to run the import tools the program assumes that you have outlook on the same machine and does not seem to have an option to import a PST.

Am I missing something? Not everyone will have the luxory of being able to have access to Outlook but they may have PST files from the past that they need to get at.

Hello,

direct import from Outlook PST files will be released with the next version but is not available yet.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

PaulM

Postby PaulM » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:34 am

What is "next version"? If I read this in a months time it won't make sense (it's not making sense now actually).

Perhaps if you specify "in the next version (after XX.xx)" where XX.xx is the now current version/build, then if I read this I will know if it's relevant or not.

So: in what version is this expected?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:38 am

If you use the current version (eM Client 4.0.15010.0), the .pst import is already included. You will find it in File=>Import=>"Import from Microsoft Outlook".
If you still use an outdated version, please invoke Help=>"Check for Update".
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker eM Client Professional 4 for Windows”