Attempting simple macro for TextMaker

Post bug reports and suggestions for BasicMaker 2012 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Mercury

Attempting simple macro for TextMaker

Postby Mercury » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 am

Hello,

I'm trying to complete a simple macro that inserts a footnote and customizes how it displays. My macro simply sends a bunch of keys to TextMaker. However, the SendKeys statement does not seem to send the keys to TextMaker. It does not generate an error, it just doesn't do anything.

For example, the simplified script below will display the dialog box saying the macro completed without inserting the text "hello" into TextMaker. Am I doing something wrong?

Code: Select all

Sub Main

AppTextMaker
   SendKeys "hello", True

MsgBox "All done!"

End Sub

Edit: I tried the example program in the help file for the SendKeys statement that starts Calculator and sends it commands, and it also doesn't work. The Calculator starts, but none of the SendKeys statements do anything. I'm running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Also, how do I define a keyboard shortcut for a script once I've written it? The only way I can see to run a script is by using the Tools > Run Script menu command and then navigating to find the script. It defeats the purpose of automation if I have to do that every time! :)

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Attempting simple macro for TextMaker

Postby sven-l » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:28 am

I referred your problem to the developers and will inform you here as soon as I have more information.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:02 am

Sendkeys doesn't work under Windows 7. the developers are working on a fix for this problem. You can attach the script to a user defined button (Basicmaker /s script.bas), then you can define a hotkey for it.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Mercury

Postby Mercury » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:09 am

Thanks for the quick assistance, Sven. That's too bad -- hope it's fixed soon.

Return to “BasicMaker 2012 for Windows”