Viewing and editing formulas in tables

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2012 and TextMaker Viewer 2012 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Haraldg

Viewing and editing formulas in tables

Postby Haraldg » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:41 pm

I am totally and utterly frustrated. Some time ago I created a table. I now need to edit the formulas in some of the cells. I cannot find any way to view the formulas I have in the cells. Since I cannot see the current formulas to edit them, I am trying to just create and insert the correct formula. However each time I meticulously follow the limited help file explanation of creating a formulas, all I get is am error, "value expected"
I simply want to multiply the numeric value of one cell by .555, nothing seems to work. If I could view the current formula somehow and could edit it, then all I would need to do is change the value of the number with which I am multiplying! HELP!!! :o

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Viewing and editing formulas in tables

Postby Jossi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:33 am

Select the cell content and press F2. The formula is in the field at the top.
To multiply a cell by .555, you will need something like "Table1.A1*0.555" (name of the table and name of the cell, separated by a period).

Haraldg

Postby Haraldg » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Thank you so much! it worked! I was not highlighting the content, that is why the formula was not showing. One question, why do I need to put Table1 in the formula. I did not do that before and it worked fine.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Postby Jossi » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:06 pm

If the calculation is inside the same table, you don't need the table name, I suppose.

Return to “TextMaker 2012 for Windows”