eM not installing

Post bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker eM Client 3.5 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

carandol

eM not installing

Post by carandol » Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:52 pm

When I first installed the probeta, I ended up with 2 versions of eM client - the free version I already had installed, and the SM version, with no emails in it. After using your uninstall tool to uninstall probeta after some other problems I was having (and after someone suggested away of getting email from the free eM to the SM eM) I uninstalled the free eM too. I then tried to reinstall probeta with eM, only to find that eM now doesn't install. The rest of SM Office installs, then the hard drive light carries on flickering for half a minute or so, as though something else is happening, but eM doesn't install. I'm thinking that the free version of eM, even when uninstalled, leaves something behind which the installer interprets as an existing installation. I've been into Users/me/AppData/Roaming/ and removed the "SoftMaker eM Client" folder, but left the "eM Client" folder, as that's got all my email etc., in it. I've tried using a registry cleaner, and that's not made any difference, and I've tried using the installer to do a Repair, and that's not worked either.
carandol

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: eM not installing

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 am

carandol wrote:I've been into Users/me/AppData/Roaming/ and removed the "SoftMaker eM Client" folder, but left the "eM Client" folder, as that's got all my email etc., in it. I've tried using a registry cleaner, and that's not made any difference, and I've tried using the installer to do a Repair, and that's not worked either.
Does it help if you (after removing both versions of eM Client) rename the "eM Client" folder which contains your emails?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

carandol

Post by carandol » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:01 pm

sven-l wrote:
carandol wrote:I've been into Users/me/AppData/Roaming/ and removed the "SoftMaker eM Client" folder, but left the "eM Client" folder, as that's got all my email etc., in it. I've tried using a registry cleaner, and that's not made any difference, and I've tried using the installer to do a Repair, and that's not worked either.
Does it help if you (after removing both versions of eM Client) rename the "eM Client" folder which contains your emails?
I did think of that, but as Martin says over on this thread

http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopi ... 838#p35838

"There is a bug in the beta installer (fixed for the final) that if you have ever canceled the installation of SoftMaker eM Client, it would never install again."

...so I'm not even going to try! :D
carandol

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:52 am

Currently our developers are working on a bugfix. So this should not happen anymore in the final version.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker eM Client for Windows”