Importing from existing eM Client

Post bug reports and suggestions here for SoftMaker eM Client 3.5 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

carandol

Importing from existing eM Client

Post by carandol » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:36 am

I've just installed the latest beta. I've already got the personal version of eM Client installed, but there doesn't seem to be any obvious way to import mail from there into the SoftMaker version of eM. Since I'm intending to upgrade to SMOPro and use it for my business, this would be useful information! :D
carandol

JohnbCallander

Re: Importing from existing eM Client

Post by JohnbCallander » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:25 pm

I am already on paid pro eM account - I appear to have two copies of eM now and not sure how to handle this situation. eM only showed up in PlanMaker and Presentation manager not TextMaker. Mind you I had updated with overnight version (yesterday's). I did not have installation problems with 2012 pro beta others did, but as I say I do have two versions of eM!! I will probably have to ask support from eM?

carandol

Post by carandol » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 pm

Yes, I've got two versions too, now. eM showed up in TextMaker once I'd chosen it from the "Add/Remove Buttons" menu (right-click on the toolbar), but it's the SoftMaker version. So I can access the beta full version of eM from TM, but it has no mail in it, while my unpaid version which was already installed and in use is not accessible from within TM. I would have thought there should be some way of importing mail from the free version to the SM version, if only by manually moving some folders around. Maybe this is why it's a beta version, but it does seem like it's a pretty important thing to get fixed before launch.
carandol

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 am

I informed the eM Client developers to fix these issues with double installations.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: SoftMaker eM Client for Windows”