beta 2012 installation

Post bug reports and suggestions here for the beta version of SoftMaker 2012 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

buddinghtree

beta 2012 installation

Post by buddinghtree » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:31 pm

I was using Textmaker when a request came to upgrade to th newest beta version. After that all went horribly wrong. All Textmaker logos have now reverted to a word pad logo and even after trying to uninstall what I had, this does not seem to work. The uninstaller does not want to remove softmaker: the size of file says: 4,194,224MB Version 12.0.645
It is now impossible to re-install a copy :( - very sad. Can you help me please: Kind regards, Frank - frank@buddinghtree.com

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: beta 2012 installation

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:09 am

Please download and install the beta version again using the same download link you used when you installed it the first time. Then you should be able to uninstall the beta.

Regarding the file associations:

To associate a file type like .doc or .xls permanently with an specific program (for example, TextMaker, Word or Excel), please do the following steps under
Windows XP (these steps are almost identically under Windows Vista and Windows 7):

1. Right click on the desired file type and choose "open with" and then "Choose Program..."
2. Select the desired program/application. In case you cannot find the program in that list, click on "Browse" and navigate to the
installation folder, for example C:\Program Files\SoftMaker Office) and select the desired .exe file, e.g. Winword.exe or Excel.exe
3. Enable "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" and click "OK".

From now on all files of this file type will be opened with this chosen application by default (for example via double click).
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “General”