BasicMaker .bas file formats

Help for PlanMaker 2004 for Windows

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

leec2005

BasicMaker .bas file formats

Post by leec2005 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:09 pm

Hi,

I already programme for Microsoft Excel / Access and am developing applications using StarOffice and Ability Office.

As such, could you please tell me what format / keywords I need to use to write .bas files to run under Softmaker/Ashampoo Office??

I would be especially interested in any information relating to the Planmaker Object Model, as well as some example code. A keyword list would also be a great help.

The version of Ashampoo Office that I have is quite limited, as both BasicMaker and DataMaker are missing. When are these two other Apps likely to be available (even in Beta version so that I can run some tests) as I urgently need to be getting on with programming work for one of my clients and am very interested in supplying them with a cost-effective solution for one of their problems.

Your urgent responses would be appreciated, especially with the file formats and code samples.

Lee Cooke.

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:55 am

BasicMaker is only available for our German customers using Windows, but you can use VBA to develop applications using TextMaker and PlanMaker. Please send us an email to support(at)softmaker.de to ask for the German help file for BasicMaker. We're sorry, we only have German documentation of BasicMaker, but this help file contains the object model for TextMaker and PlanMaker.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

leec2005

Post by leec2005 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:10 am

No email received as yet, and I think I've discovered another problem.

I tried writing a quick 'Mickey Mouse' vbscript programme and attempted to lad it using PlanMaker. All that happened was a dialog box that appeared saying it couldn't find BasicMaker. I think I'm going to need some kind of BasicMaker module (even a German one) if I'm going to be able to do any development work.

Please help!

Lee Cooke

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:27 am

You cannot run macros or VBScript from within PlanMaker. The only way to write scripts for PlanMaker is to use Windows Scripting Host (.vbs files) or Visual Basic.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mb
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by mb » Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:09 pm

leec2005 wrote:I think I'm going to need some kind of BasicMaker module (even a German one) if I'm going to be able to do any development work.
Sorry, Tobias seems to have mixed some things up here.

You're right, to create and execute scripts for PlanMaker you need BasicMaker, a VB like scripting language module. Alas, BasicMaker is only included in the German version of SoftMaker Office Professional for Windows (not available in other countries). BasicMaker has never been localized, due to the lack of demand for it.
Last edited by mb on Fri Jul 29, 2005 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Martin Baumgärtner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

leec2005

Lack of demand???

Post by leec2005 » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:45 pm

There's a demand for it from me!!!!

Could I get the German version to work with my version of PlanMaker and, if so, how can I download it??

I really need to be able to develop 'applications' within Office Suites. The price of your Office Suite would be a winner most places I work at, but only if Basic like 'automation' is available!

The end user wouldn't need to be able to program, just run the resulting addins.

Does BasicMaker act as a 'runtime' module as well??

mb
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Lack of demand???

Post by mb » Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:21 pm

leec2005 wrote:The end user wouldn't need to be able to program, just run the resulting addins.

Does BasicMaker act as a 'runtime' module as well??
That exactly is the problem. There is no runtime module of BasicMaker. Only users having BasicMaker installed would be able to execute your scripts -- and BasicMaker is included in the German version of SoftMaker Office Professinal for Windows only. Sorry.
Martin Baumgärtner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

KillerCrayon

Re: BasicMaker .bas file formats

Post by KillerCrayon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:44 am

still actual problem

as a power mso user, i use many self-made tiny macros (in-cell indentation, cell/text formats, new toolbars with fonts/functions i use often etc etc).
i would like to program these functions within softmaker office too.

btw. i tried to migrate to ooo1 then ooo2, but failed...
i say because they don't know about ergonomics at all. no psychologists in their staff obviously.

your product is almost perfect.
well done!

especially great job is nested numeration. msword's one is buggy since word 6.0 (95) till present times of v.8(2003).

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:51 am

The upcoming version of Office 2008 will have BasicMaker, not for German customers only. So using Office 2008 you should be able to develop macros for PlanMaker.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

KillerCrayon

Post by KillerCrayon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:00 pm

will be there a "macros recorder" as in msexcel?
will be there a quick reference about object model of basic?
will be there a basic debugger with "watch" capabilities?
questions are quite dummy. but actually i'm evaluating ashampoo office and i see "run script" and "edit script" in extras menu in both textmaker and planmaker - all without any hint how to write programs. they really done it and made me to ask this stupid question. :oops:

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:15 pm

KillerCrayon wrote:will be there a "macros recorder" as in msexcel?
It's on our wish list.
KillerCrayon wrote:will be there a quick reference about object model of basic?
Yes, the full version of SoftMaker Office 2008 for Windows will have a manual on how to write macros for TextMaker 2008 and PlanMaker 2008.
KillerCrayon wrote:will be there a basic debugger with "watch" capabilities?
Yes, you will be able to do single steps (debug).
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

KillerCrayon

Post by KillerCrayon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:31 am

can you post a 2 basic programs that do:
A:text maker
  1. sets text font, size, colour of font, colour of background, bind style to character
  2. sets paragraph indents, justification, line spacing, background colour, bind style to it
  3. sets table cell indents, background colour, turns on left and top border
  4. replaces globally one text fragment to another
  5. restart/continue numbered list
  6. applies msoword-like yellow marker to selected text (if tool is present on ashampoo/softmaker office)
  7. inserts character by unicode value
  8. copies character style from selection
  9. pastes character style copied before
  10. copies paragraph style where cursor is positioned
  11. pastes paragraph style copied before
B:plan maker
  1. pastes a copied cell value (without formula and formatting)
  2. pastes a copied cell format (without formatting)
  3. pastes a copied cell note (with note formatting)
  4. pastes a copied cell address
  5. formats cell default
  6. formats cell decimal with thousand separator and 2 digits of fraction
  7. decreases displayed number of fraction digits 1 by 1
  8. increases cell left inner margin by 1mm
  9. formats cell value as "DD/MM/YYYY", "YYYY/MM/DD", "HH:MM:SS.000"
  10. that's one is quite desirable: adjusts cell note size to note text. preferable sets "autosize" attribute as in msoexcel
  11. sets cell font colour to red
  12. sets cell background colour to yellow
  13. adjusts column width to optimal
and a brief description how to bind keyboard shortcut and toolbar button to that macros.

please :oops:

that will suffice me completely [-o<
Last edited by KillerCrayon on Sat Dec 01, 2007 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

KillerCrayon

Post by KillerCrayon » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:44 am

actually, not all. :oops:

i use a self-made "ConferSheets" macros that compares cell formulas and cell notes one by one (from cursor position) between two current worksheets and two opened spreadsheets. that macros asks me about differences whether i want to skip the difference, copy from first file to second or vice versa, or to stop the comparison.

another macros i use quite often is set cell note position (that tends to jump all over the worksheet after inserting/deleting rows and columns) and set note "autosize" attribute.

will i have a possibility to do that with softmaker/ashampoo office?

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:29 am

Please wait for the final version of BasicMaker (and the english manual) to take a look at BasicMaker by yourself. As you already know how to write macros it should be easy for you to get to know to features of BasicMaker.

BasicMaker will only be part of SoftMaker Office, not Ashampoo Office.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

KillerCrayon

Post by KillerCrayon » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:45 pm

(offtop: who can propose a "portable" edition? i hate reinstalling apps when need to reinstall win)

Return to “PlanMaker 2004 for Windows”