Saving and Converting Spreadsheets - Chapter 3

Post bug reports and suggestions here for the beta version of PlanMaker 2012 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bennachie

Saving and Converting Spreadsheets - Chapter 3

Post by bennachie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 am

I've done some further work on the dates issue referred to in Chapter 2 of this saga, and can confirm that, in my previous testing, I unearthed a bug in PlanMaker 2010 for Linux which is NOT present in PlanMaker 2010 for Windows. I'm pretty sure that the problem lies in the validity testing section of the DATEVALUE function, which continues to operate on the assumption that US date order (month/day/year) continues to apply even when the regional layout has been specified as the international order (day/month/year). I should be able to prepare a small spreadsheet which will demonstrate the problem - watch this space.

bennachie

Re: Saving and Converting Spreadsheets - Chapter 3

Post by bennachie » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:38 am

I'm not sure that my original diagnosis is exactly correct, but I can confirm that the attached spreadsheet and its XLSX equivalent, where relevant, work perfectly under Excel 2010, SoftMaker 2012 for Windows, SoftMaker 2010 for Windows and LibreCalc 3.4.4. However, the .PMD version returns errors when run under SoftMaker 2010 for Linux. This may seem a bit off-topic, but I'm beginning to suspect that the issue somehow relates to formatting inconsistencies, rather than - or perhaps as well as - the internal workings of the DATEVALUE function, and would not want to see the problem carried forward into SoftMaker 2012 for Linux (which is hopefully in the pipeline).
Attachments
Date-Handling-2010.pmd
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 244 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Saving and Converting Spreadsheets - Chapter 3

Post by sven-l » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:57 am

I informed the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: PlanMaker 2012 for Windows”