Paste Link

Post bug reports and suggestions here for the beta version of PlanMaker 2012 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

brian3614

Paste Link

Post by brian3614 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:31 pm

I am migrating from Excel to Planmaker after decades of using Excel. On of the most frequent features that I've used is the ability to quickly paste link from one spreadsheet to another. In Excel, this is done automatically with mouse click. Apparently there is no way to do this Planmaker. You must manually type in the link using the designated syntax. This is a serious omission. Even the free office suites provide this basic functionality.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Paste Link

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:07 am

Are you talking about hyperlinks? I tested it and copied a link from 1 worksheet to another in PlanMaker and the link keeps working.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:13 am

No, I think brian3614 talks about external references.

But PlanMaker 2012 behaves like Excel here: When I copy something to the clipboard and paste this in another workbook, no external reference is created.

To have an external reference, use Edit/Paste Special and click on the "Paste link" button. If you want to simplify this, you can drag the optional button "Paste link" to the toolbars by opening Tools/Customize/Toolbars, selecting the Edit section and dragging the icon from the dialog to the toolbar.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

brian3614

Post by brian3614 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:55 pm

What I wish to do is copy a value from one spreadsheet to another. When the value from the first spreadsheet changes, I want the second spreadsheet to have the new value. Both have to be opened of course.

After reading your responses, I looked again to see if I could locate a "paste link" button anywhere. I check in the "paste special" item in the edit menu and didn't see it, but I decided to try the "create references" button in in the "paste special" dialog box. This worked and appears to be functionally equivalent to the Excel "paste link." There was just different terminology used to describe the same function.

I believe this is now a solved problem. Thank you for your assistance.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:01 pm

Yes, I looked at the German version and did not check the exact wording in English. "Create references" is what you are looking for.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: PlanMaker 2012 for Windows”