Problem with two functions

Post bug reports and suggestions here for the beta version of PlanMaker 2012 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JohnD

Problem with two functions

Post by JohnD » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:48 pm

I'm loving some of the new features in Planmaker 2012 such as the support for custom formats, but am having problems with two of the functions I've tried out:

The special filter doesn't seem to work in the new version.

I can't get the new "averageif" formula to work. Have tried creating from new in Planmaker files and importing from Excel, but neither method has produced a result.

I'm wondering whether these are known issues and whether it will be possible to solve them by the time of the final release?

Best wishes

bennachie

Re: Problem with two functions

Post by bennachie » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:15 am

The problem seems to be that AVERAGEIF works correctly in its most basic form:

AVERAGEIF(A1:A10,">0")

but returns an error when you try the full (and generally more useful) form:

AVERAGEIF(A1:A10,">0",B1:B10)

The explanatory text under the entry bar provides the correct function syntax, but the error message in the latter case claims that there are too many arguments for the function. Presumably this can be fixed quite rapidly ...

bennachie

Post by bennachie » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 am

@Sven

This problem persists in the current beta version of PM2012. If it can't be fixed in time for the release, it might be better to remove the function entirely than to generate unnecessary alarm and confusion when other users discover that it doesn't work properly.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:42 am

Thank you! I informed the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:14 pm

bennachie wrote:@Sven

This problem persists in the current beta version of PM2012. If it can't be fixed in time for the release, it might be better to remove the function entirely than to generate unnecessary alarm and confusion when other users discover that it doesn't work properly.
This problem has been solved now and shoul not occur in the final version.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bennachie

Post by bennachie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:00 am

Great. well done.

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:58 am

I'm still having problems with the standard filter. The autofilter works fine, but the standard filter is not returning any result. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The same spreadsheets work without problems under Planmaker 2010.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 pm

JohnD wrote:I'm still having problems with the standard filter. The autofilter works fine, but the standard filter is not returning any result. Has anyone else experienced this problem? The same spreadsheets work without problems under Planmaker 2010.
What exactly do you mean with "standard filter"? Are you talking about Table=>Sort or Table=>Filter=>Special Filter? Can you please attacha sample file and a step-by-step-description what you are doing? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

JohnD

Post by JohnD » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:31 pm

I'm trying to do table/filter/special filter/date equals ..... The attached spreadsheet is so simple that it doesn't need the filter in particular, but I'm having the same problem on more complex spreadsheets with hundreds of different categories, and the special filter has been a fantastic way of selecting specified records.
Attachments
tasks.pmd
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 259 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:46 pm

Ok, thank you for the sample file. Table/filter/special filter/date equals works properly with your file in PlanMaker 2010 and 2012 if you select the desired date from the drop down list and press "Ok". Then it shows you only the filtered date. I will write you an PM.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: PlanMaker 2012 for Windows”