Track changes not showing properly on Word 2003 docs

Post bug reports and suggestions here for the beta version of TextMaker 2012 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

carandol

Track changes not showing properly on Word 2003 docs

Post by carandol » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:38 pm

Just confirmed a bug I first noticed and reported a few weeks ago. My business partner is saving Word 2003 files in TextMaker 2010, with track changes on and comments attached to the text. When I load them into the 2012 beta, the changes don't show up. The changes are there, but in the settings under Tools -> Comments -> Options -> Reviewing, the Comments pane width is set to "0cm", and under Changes, Inserted text, Deleted text, Changed formatting and edited lines are all set to "(none)". I have to change all these settings in order to be able to see the comments and changes.

I've just confirmed that it's definitely a problem with the 2012 beta, as the same files loaded into TextMaker 2010 on my linux netbook have the correct settings, so its not a problem with my partner's setup. And having created a document on my netbook and tried in the beta, I'm getting the same problems. I've attached a document to show the problem.

Oddly enough, files from one of our proof-readers, working in Word on a Mac, display comments and corrections correctly in the beta, so it's obviously some sort of backwards compatibility problem.
Attachments
This is a test to.doc
(12.5 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
carandol

JohnbCallander

Re: Track changes not showing properly on Word 2003 docs

Post by JohnbCallander » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Just to confirm yes this is a problem for me too. Nice simple example :) but is the same for more complex ones :( .

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:49 pm

Thank you for the example file. I can reproduce this problem here and informed the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 pm

The bug has been solved and will not occur anymore in the final version.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2012 for Windows”