Copy worksheet

Help for PlanMaker 2004 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

kboykool

Copy worksheet

Post by kboykool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 am

I've scanned the menus in PM and the forum here and have not seen anything to suggest an answer to this question. How does one copy a worksheet from one PM file to another? The insert worksheet function seems to insert only a blank worksheet and there is no import/export feature that I could find. I am also at a loss as to how one might open two simultaneous files for a "click and drag" approach.

Thanks,
Kenny Anderson
xengineerx@xkboykoolx.com
(remove e'x'es to reply)

jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Copy worksheet

Post by jimjutte » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 am

Hi there...

Let me just try to make sure I understand the questions.... so you want to copy a sheet from one file and put it into another via click and drag?
What about just using the copy command? Right click on the tab and then you should see something like "to another document".

Not sure I follow about the click and drag with two documents but... perhaps that was only to get one sheet another?
Cheers
Jim

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:31 am

The "Copy to another document" feature is available only in PlanMaker 2010.

You can open one document, select everything in one sheet with Ctrl+A and copy/paste to the other document with Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kboykool

Post by kboykool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

After logging in and typing up my response, I hit submit, received a login screen and lost my reponse. I will reply later when I have time again.
Kenny Anderson
(remove e'x'es to reply)

kboykool

Post by kboykool » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:21 pm

Okay, trying again...

I'm assuming that since you can't right click, you mean ALT+tap. I tried that, but there is no "to another document" option. I don't need to click and drag, but this is one option with a GUI that would work if you could open multiple sessions in PM. I didn't realize there is a PM2010 for HPCs. I assumed since there was no 2008 version, there would be no more upgrades. The select all/copy/paste did work, but no borders came through. I didn't anticipate the information would stay on the clipboard during the file swap and therefore hadn't tried this before.

I guess I should have started with the root question. This was all a result of not being able to copy conditional formatting from one cell to another in PM. I found no way to copy conditional cell formatting via copy/paste, paste special..., or copy formats (aka "the paintbrush"). Setting conditional formatting in individual cells is tedious with the scores of cells I want to use. As a result, I opened the file on a PC with Excel and did the format copy to the destination cells, there. However, one of the sheets did not convert to Excel properly and I lost data. Therefore, I couldn't save back into the original file destined for use on my HPC. Instead I saved a new copy of the file with only the worksheet I was manipulating. That brought me to the current problem. So is there a way to copy conditional formatting that I missed?

Thanks,
Kenny Anderson
(remove e'x'es to reply)

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:00 am

Hello,

copy&paste of cells with conditional formatting work properly with PlanMaker 2006, 2008 and 2010 (even between documents). But the last version of PlanMaker for Handheld PCs was PlanMaker 2006. I would suggest to download the trial version of SoftMaker Office 2006 for Handheld PCs and try it again:
http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofcdemo_en.htm
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2004 for Handheld PCs”