Installation to WinCE 4.2 1/4 VGA device

Help for PlanMaker 2004 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

merchinax

Re: Installation to WinCE 4.2 1/4 VGA device

Post by merchinax » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:43 am

Can I build a VGA to digital controller so I can use my laptop LCD as a monitor for my desktop PC? I have a laptop LCD which I want to use as a monitor for my desktop computer. I need to convert, however, the analog VGA signal from the desktop PC to digital in order to make the LCD work. I read somewhere that I can do it with a FPGA by using VHDL. I would just like to know what should I program because I don't quite understand how to successfully make the conversion.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installation to WinCE 4.2 1/4 VGA device

Post by martin-k » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:00 am

merchinax wrote:Can I build a VGA to digital controller so I can use my laptop LCD as a monitor for my desktop PC? I have a laptop LCD which I want to use as a monitor for my desktop computer. I need to convert, however, the analog VGA signal from the desktop PC to digital in order to make the LCD work. I read somewhere that I can do it with a FPGA by using VHDL. I would just like to know what should I program because I don't quite understand how to successfully make the conversion.
This is the Handheld PC forum, so your query doesn't really fit here.

I don't have the faintest idea how to achieve what you want through hardware, but there are software solutions that employ a laptop's LCD as a second screen for the PC.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2004 for Handheld PCs”