Spell check causes PlanMaker to crash!

Help for PlanMaker 2004 for Handheld PCs

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Reel Jemm

Spell check causes PlanMaker to crash!

Post by Reel Jemm » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:26 pm

I can't even close the speelcheck window, it just stays there. Click on OK, CLOSE, X ... zilch! Help!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Reel Jemm

Spellcheck causes PlanMaker for HPC to crash

Post by Reel Jemm » Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:48 pm

I removed both PM and TM and re-installed everything from scratch, from both the desktop and the HPC - same issue. TM works fine, but PM bucks!

Any clues?

Uncle Ben :cry:

Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:07 am

Did you install to internal memory or to a storage card? Try to install to the other device the software is currently installed.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Reel Jemm

Post by Reel Jemm » Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:50 pm

Tobias-L wrote:Did you install to internal memory or to a storage card? Try to install to the other device the software is currently installed.
"...other device" I don't have another device, have always used the same HPC, had no problem with spellcheck with prior releases. The footprint of PlanMaker is considerable, not sure I want to use up all that RAM. It worked fine before from the memory card - something obviously changed ....

Uncle Ben :roll:

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:34 pm

We'll release rev 279 in the near future. Please try that and report back if you still get crashes.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Reel Jemm

Post by Reel Jemm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:26 pm

martin-k wrote:We'll release rev 279 in the near future. Please try that and report back if you still get crashes.
There is a lot more than the spellcheck that doesn't work, Martin, I've had to soft-reset my HPC about 10 times yesterday, PM crashes or freezes on me continually. I end up with dotted line everywhere on the spreadsheet... I had a perfectly workable version before - it almost looks like any work-in-progress currently taking place for enhancements and bug fixes of the previous release are part of the current downlad. Shouldn't the current dowmload point to the last proven beta-tested version of the software?

Uncle Ben :roll:
Uncle Ben

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:56 pm

I am a bit confused now. PlanMaker for Handheld PCs is still at rev 271 and hasn't changed for about 9 months. Which other more stable version are you referring to?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Reel Jemm

Post by Reel Jemm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:01 pm

martin-k wrote:I am a bit confused now. PlanMaker for Handheld PCs is still at rev 271 and hasn't changed for about 9 months. Which other more stable version are you referring to?
Rev. 271, that's the version I had before, and that's the one I still have. But the one that's installed now is the one I donwloaded last week. While the previous installation worked perfectly well, this one doesn't it. It does look like there is some work in progress being carried out - if that's the case, that would explain it. Failing that, my registry might be corrupted! I don't want to go there if I can avoid it.
:cry:
Uncle Ben

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:07 pm

We are still talking about the Handheld PC version, aren't we? Last week, there was still rev 271 on the server. So, there shouldn't be any difference.

I'll send you a private link with a pre-release for 279.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Reel Jemm

Post by Reel Jemm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:17 pm

martin-k wrote:We are still talking about the Handheld PC version, aren't we? Last week, there was still rev 271 on the server. So, there shouldn't be any difference.

I'll send you a private link with a pre-release for 279.
Yes, I am still talking about Rev. 271. My previous version 271, the one dowloanded and installed last week does not. And yes, I'm talking about the HPC 2000 version of PM. About 279, I'll get on it right away and get back to your. Cheers! :?
Uncle Ben

Reel Jemm

Post by Reel Jemm » Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:08 pm

Happy to report that Rev. 279 worked fine and happy to see that the rounding issue brought up last August was also taken care of. I also find that large files that took an "eternity" to load with Rev. 271 are now loading a lot quicker, so there must be some significant performance enhancements in there. Kudos! Job well-done, anxious to see the final release. I'll keep on playing with it but won't post anything further here until the final release is out, on the understanding that this is still in WIP.

Thanks! :D
Uncle Ben

winfieldale

Post by winfieldale » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:55 am

When will the 'official' 279 be made available. I have exactly the same spellchecker fault on my installation of PlanMaker 271 on a Jornada 720.

Kind Regards
Ian

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:07 am

Probably today. Check your e-mail tomorrow.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

winfieldale

Post by winfieldale » Sat Mar 12, 2005 2:18 am

Martin,

The 280 service pack download solved my spell checker problems. Many thanks for the continuing support and development of PlanMaker.

One 'glitch' I have noticed is that when I printed a graph from PlanMaker on my Jornada 720 to my inkjet printer using a network connection (the printer is connected to my Windows ME PC), the gridlines in the graph were not aligned with the axes. Actually, I was stunned to discover that the print function worked so well (it was correctly rendered in landscape). I'll have to try some more prints to find out if the data was aligned with the grid or the axes!

Kind Regards
Ian

Return to “PlanMaker 2004 for Handheld PCs”