Constant prompt to Register when offline

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2010 for Windows CE.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

HISys

Constant prompt to Register when offline

Post by HISys » Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Hi, I've installed Office 2010 for Windows CE onto my Psion Netbook Pro and registered using a wireless Internet connection (via a Wireless CF Card). If I start TextMaker or any of the other Office programs when not connected to the Internet it prompts me to register using a different computer.
If it's connected to the Internet there is no prompt.
If I enter the codes supplied in the SoftMaker registration email for response and unlock it tells me that the code is invalid.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Ian Griffiths

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Constant prompt to Register when offline

Post by sven-l » Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Please do the following steps in order to register SoftMaker Office for Windows CE:

1. Start TextMaker, PlanMaker or Presentations on your netbook via Start=>Programs Office and choose the 2nd option (register via web browser)
2. Enter the 12 digit product key. You will then receive an 24 digit registration code like xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
3. Go to www.softmaker.com/register and enter the 24 digit registration key. You will receive an response code.
4. Enter that response code into the appropriate dialog field in your netbook and your Office is registered

Does that help?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

HISys

Post by HISys » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:37 pm

I disconnected the NetBook from the Internet and opened TextMaker. I selected option 2 via Browser and logged in and entered the registration code.
The browser responded with:

Error: ERR2001: This unlock code has already been activated on a different computer - please contact SoftMaker's customer support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hit the BACK button in your browser to go back to the input form.

That's probably because it's already registered on the NetBook and why it doesn't prompt me if I'm connected to the Internet when I open TextMaker.
I registered it on Saturday and received an email from SoftMaker with the Response xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.

I did however install it initially onto an SD card and then uninstall and reinstall onto a CF card for the same NetBook though.
That may be significant.

Any help appreciated.

Ian
Ian Griffiths

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:40 pm

There is no logical connection between being online or not and the need to activate the software.

Can you please contact our tech support dept. at support (at) softmaker.de and give your product key. We can then check the activation server files to see what happened.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

HISys

Post by HISys » Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Thanks for your help, I'll do that now.
Regards
Ian
Ian Griffiths

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows CE”