Glitch in input validation

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Sean

Glitch in input validation

Post by Sean » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:31 pm

I am running a trial on planmaker to see if it will fit my needs for collection of vegetation sampling data on 11 ruggedized PDA's running Windows Mobile 6. I ran into a problem with the input validation, however. I would like to be able to create dropdowns using input validation, but also allow entry of text that is not in the dropdown list. To do this in excel I just uncheck the box that says "show error alert after invalid data is entered". This same checkbox is available in planmaker, but it doesn't function properly. Half of the time when I uncheck the box and hit ok, planmaker freezes. It seems not to freeze if I uncheck the box and then tap the cursor somewhere else (e.g. title field) before hitting ok. After this the dropdown works properly until I save the document. Then when I reopen the document the checkbox automatically gets rechecked. I haven't been able to figure out a way to make planmaker save this setting.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Glitch in input validation

Post by sven-l » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:28 am

Dear customer,

thank you for the bug report. Can you please send us an example file to forum(at)softmaker.de to reproduce this here?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”