Trial version can't open 2007 password file & general Ques

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

khundry

Trial version can't open 2007 password file & general Ques

Post by khundry » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:31 am

I have downloaded the trial version and unable to open the password protected xlsx file. I thought that this software is able to open it. Does the trial version limit the functionality?

I am using HTC HD2. Does this software support the following activities:
1. Pinch to Zoom
2. Change from Potrait to landscape view
3. Panning motion to navigate the worksheet instead of using the horizontal/vertical scroll bars
4. I have 2 files which contain external cell references. Will data be updated on the other file if I make changes on one of the file?

This looks like an impressive product. I am planning to purchase subject to the above response. Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Trial version can't open 2007 password file & general Qu

Post by sven-l » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:39 am

I tested it with the trial and with the full version of PlanMaker 2010 and I was able to open password protected (read protection) xlsx files. Can you please send us an example file with the correct password that you can open with Excel but not with PlanMaker to forum(at)softmaker.de? Thank you!

1. Do you mean to save the zoom level? The zoom level is always saved within the current file.
2. You can change the view in File=>Page Setup
3. No that's not possible yet. It is on our wish list for upcoming versions.
4. Please update your external cell references manually via Table=>External References from the menu
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:02 pm

I think the original poster mean something different in regard to some of his questions:

1. We don't support pinching to zoom at the moment. This requires a multi-touch display, and the HD2 is currently (at least as far as known to me) Windows Mobile device to support this.

2. If you meant to rotate the display, then, yes, SoftMaker Office reacts to switching the coordinate system. It should not matter if this is done manually by you or by rotating the device.

3. There is an optional icon that you can place on the toolbars, "Drag sheet". When you activate it, then any motion on the screen pans the worksheet (or document in TextMaker, or slide in Presentations).

4. Whether external references are updated on loading a workbook is a preference that you can set in File/Properties: "always", "never", "ask user".
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

khundry

Post by khundry » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Thanks for the prompt response.
1. I've discovered that this application can only open password protected file that is saved in xlsx and not the xls format.
2. After successfully opening the file, I am getting garbled fonts rendering it not usable at all. Can you pls advise how to resolve this.
3. I have a 1M + file and this application reported out of memory. I don't have any other programs running except this one.
I can live without some of the "wish list", however, if the above cannot be resolved, it does not fulfill my need, unfortunately. I am not giving up as yet and hope that you can find the resolution. Thanks again.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:07 am

khundry wrote:Thanks for the prompt response.
1. I've discovered that this application can only open password protected file that is saved in xlsx and not the xls format.
2. After successfully opening the file, I am getting garbled fonts rendering it not usable at all. Can you pls advise how to resolve this.
3. I have a 1M + file and this application reported out of memory. I don't have any other programs running except this one.
I can live without some of the "wish list", however, if the above cannot be resolved, it does not fulfill my need, unfortunately. I am not giving up as yet and hope that you can find the resolution. Thanks again.
Can you please send us an example file (with the correct password) to support@softmaker.de? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”