xlsx files opening with garbage and a suffix of pmd

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

edem50

xlsx files opening with garbage and a suffix of pmd

Post by edem50 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:48 am

We use xlsx spreadsheets to track patient medications and we load the spreadsheets onto Pocket PCs. I'm trying to evaluate PlanMaker 2010 but I can't get it to open a xlsx spreadsheet properly. If I copy the xls version of the spreadsheet (Office 2007) from the PC (Windows 7) to the Pocket PC everything is fine and it shows the correct filename with an extension of xls. If I copy the xlsx version to the Pocket PC I get garbage in the cells with the correct filename and a file extension of pmd. I'm testing on a Pocket PC running WM 2003 SE since it is the oldest OS we support.

Thanks for any information you can give me.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: xlsx files opening with garbage and a suffix of pmd

Post by martin-k » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:18 am

You would need to send us the file (mail it to forum (at) softmaker.de) referencing this thread).
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

asifraza12

Post by asifraza12 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:29 am

I'm trying to evaluate PlanMaker 2010 but I can't get it to open a xlsx spreadsheet properly. If I copy the xls version of the spreadsheet (Office 2007) from the PC (Windows 7) to the Pocket PC everything is fine and it shows the correct filename with an extension of xls. If I copy the xlsx version to the Pocket PC I get garbage in the cells with the correct filename and a file extension of pmd. I'm testing on a Pocket PC running WM 2003 SE since it is the oldest OS we support.
ahsan

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:11 pm

Are you working with the latest revision 586 of PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile?
http://www.softmaker.com/english/servpack_en.htm

PlanMaker should properly open your xlsx files. Does that happen with any xlsx file you try to open?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”