Installing to Bulit in storage or a memory card

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

mdddoyle

Installing to Bulit in storage or a memory card

Post by mdddoyle » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:34 am

When I run the cab files it installs to primary memory on my PocketPC. If I move the dir to Built in storage the file association is broken. I have tried Total Commander and myExtensions but still cannot open files with Total Commander or cLaunch. Is there a way to install to Built in storage?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installing to Bulit in storage or a memory card

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:12 am

Can you choose an alternate path for the installation when you start the installation via the cab file? If not you probably have a device with an older version of Windows Mobile (older than Windows Mobile 4, 5 or 6) which will install every cab file into the internal memory automatically. Does TextMaker or PlanMaker still start after you copied the installation folder to the storage card? What exactly did you do with Total Commander? Did you try to associate file types like .doc with TextMaker?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mdddoyle

Post by mdddoyle » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:36 pm

Running WM2003se on an Dell Axim x50. Yes PlanMaker & WordMaker does run in Built in storage and the Windows file explorer will recognize the assosiations I changed with myExtensions and also tried Total Commander's file association. But I use cLaunch, a tabbed based program launcher, and it will not. If it is in internal memory cLaunch will recognize the assocation. Thinking it may have to do with the registry.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:42 pm

The problem is your old WM2003. In newer versions you can change the installation path to install the Office in another directory on the storage card but WM2003 does not support this.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

mdddoyle

Post by mdddoyle » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:06 am

Found a solution. Used CabInstl a freeware cab installer. It let me install to Built in storage and everything works. Thanks anyway.

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”