Planmaker 2010 spreadsheat fails to load in excel 2010

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

sdzang

Planmaker 2010 spreadsheat fails to load in excel 2010

Post by sdzang » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm

I cannot get a planmaker for mobile spreadsheat to open in excel 2010 or other software that is able to read xls files.

It is not my spreadsheet as I created a brand new spreadsheet using planmaker on a HP ipaq 210 mobile device running win mobile 6. The sheet contained text in cell a1 only and was saved as excel 2003 format (.xls) from planmaker. If I upload the file to a PC and try to open in excel, I get the warning that excel has detected a problem with this file. If I open the file anyway it opens in protected mode and cautions that if I edit this file it may damage my computer.

The file will open in other software that is designed to read excel 2003 files only and has no visual basic capability.

I suspect that excel 2010 is detecting autorun VBA code in the file and refuses to run it but any insight anyone can provide is appreciated.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Planmaker 2010 spreadsheat fails to load in excel 2010

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:33 am

You can lower the security settings for Excel 2010. Then the file should open properly.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sdzang

Re: Planmaker 2010 spreadsheat fails to load in excel 2010

Post by sdzang » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Yes, it does open if I ignore the warnings, or if I change the security settings in excel to allow it to load without a warning, and this is fine. However, my primary goal is to get the softmaker created spreadsheet to import into specialized software (non microsoft) that has the capability to import .xls files. This specialized software also refuses to open the softmaker created excel file (I assume for the same reason as excel does as it probaly uses MS supplied dll's to do the import). My current work around is to open the softmaker file in excel (or other xls spreadsheet software) and then resave the file. It then imports with no problem into our specialized software. Thus, there must be something in the way softmaker saves an xls file that is not compliant with the xls format. If I can solve this on the softmaker end it would make our work flow much easier.

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”