Feedback, suggestions and comments...

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

SamPos

Feedback, suggestions and comments...

Post by SamPos » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Thanks for such a wonderful program, once again. Now, a few points regarding the Windows Mobile edition specifically, which I feel have been overlooked or not yet thought of:
1) 'Manage keyboard automatically' fails all expectations! It stays on when it should be going off and doesn't come on when you'd expect it to!
2) You have options as to how the close button should act. The one I would find MOST useful, which is unfortunately missing, is 'Close documents & minimize when no documents'!
3) Why can't the standard 'Windows Mobile' toolbar not be changed at all or even disabled? This is a major drawback for the Mobile edition where every pixel counts! We should be able to change anything to maximize our use of this wonderful program!
5) Option to remove the Start bar and work (fully) in full screen. This would be besides the current useful 'Full Screen' option you have now.
6) Help contents? This seems to be a dead menu! I know you have a clear User Guide Pdf, but a proper Help menu would be much more useful! On these small machines, opening a pdf usually is slow and cumbersome to use...

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Feedback, suggestions and comments...

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:17 am

Thank you for your feedback! Which device are you using?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

SamPos

Post by SamPos » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:17 am

Software Version: TextMaker 2010, 591
Hardware Version: iPaq hx2190, WM5

SamPos

Post by SamPos » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi,
You should definitely have a option to change file associations. When I installed TextMaker, it changed all .doc to TM, and now that is not stable enough to run every time, I also use Pocket Word. So in the first place TM should really ASK before changing file associations, and there should still be an option to change back afterwards.
Thx
P.S. Model as above, But this is really not model-specific at all!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:30 am

SamPos wrote:Hi,
You should definitely have a option to change file associations.
I will refer your suggestion to our developers. In the meantime you could use the free TotalCommander which lets you change file associations easily in Windows Mobile.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

SamPos

Post by SamPos » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:59 pm

I have been very happy with TextMaker for Windows Mobile 5 recently, and think that it only crashes when i've run Opera 10 beforehand. As i'm writing, I would like to suggest a very useful feature to be added. When opening large files or docx, especially on older devices, this can take quite a while. I think you should install a time bar which informs the user of the opening progress, and additionally with an option to cancel. I think this is how it is with Pocket Word on WM6 and beyond.
Many thanks,
Sam

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:19 am

SamPos wrote:I have been very happy with TextMaker for Windows Mobile 5 recently, and think that it only crashes when i've run Opera 10 beforehand. As i'm writing, I would like to suggest a very useful feature to be added. When opening large files or docx, especially on older devices, this can take quite a while. I think you should install a time bar which informs the user of the opening progress, and additionally with an option to cancel. I think this is how it is with Pocket Word on WM6 and beyond.
Many thanks,
Sam
Not sure if this can be realized but I will refer your suggestion to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

schild

Post by schild » Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Is there going to be a version for Windows Phone7? Microsoft Office on Windows Phone7 is VERY, VERY bad!!

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:03 pm

schild wrote:Is there going to be a version for Windows Phone7? Microsoft Office on Windows Phone7 is VERY, VERY bad!!
As long as Microsoft does not allow C++ programs to be compiled for Windows Phone 7, no. The next program we will release is SoftMaker Office for Android.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

SamPos

Post by SamPos » Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Hi,
I use the wonderful right-to-left typing feature when typing in Hebrew, and have found a major problem. The commas and other punctuation marks are treated as English. This results in a number of errors. One being that they don't come on the right side. Actually commas and the full-stop should indeed be appearing on the right, but the ' and " signs should not. They should stay on left hand side of the Hebrew texts. So basically, because your TextMaker (very cleverly) automatically detects the language and direction of typing, the punctuation marks are wrong. Rather, you should have copied Microsoft Word, where the user has to select their language, and accordingly the punctuation marks.
If, as you have previously stated, you are no longer progressing with TextMaker for WinMo, could you make the source public so private programming can advance with it?
Thanks,
Sa

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 am

I referred that problem to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

SamPos

Post by SamPos » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:34 am

Hi, was wondering if there has been any progress in this regard, as another of my friends wants to buy this wonderful program but this is a major drawback!!
Thanks

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:50 am

There are no news on that. I will inform you here as soon this problem has been solved.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”