Cannot render screen

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

cgcmd

Cannot render screen

Post by cgcmd » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 pm

http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopi ... 116&t=6063

Problem not solved with new version, after 2 years ?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cannot render screen

Post by martin-k » Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:53 pm

As far as I can remember, this issue was restricted to a few Pocket PCs only with Chinese ROMs. We even went as far as to purchase a Chinese Pocket PC but could never reproduce the problem. Also, as you are the only one reporting this issue, it seems there are either no Chinese SoftMaker Office users, or the problem is not a generic issue on all Chinese Pocket PCs... :wink:

Have you actually tried the 2010 release, and does the problem persist on your Pocket PC?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

cgcmd

Post by cgcmd » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:11 pm

Thanks for the reply and may I show my salute for your excellent work.

In fact this is a wide spread problem on chinese forums. As you said this problem did not occur with all chinese WM, but only to HTC devices with their softkey input method.

I am quite keen to solve this problem as I need to open password protect documents in WM which is only achievable via your excellent program.

As also from my previous posts I state that simply by not loading the softkey input (via registry tweak) your application load fine. However we will lose all chinese input capability. Hope this provide more info.

Thanks for looking into the problem.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:50 am

Does the problem still occur with Office 2010? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

cgcmd

Post by cgcmd » Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 am

Yes, it persists. Only on HTC devices with softkey input.

I am a developer myself, I have tried it on emulation ROM and there is no such problem.

So I guess the culprit is at the interaction with softkey input program embedded with HTC devices.

Also, you may wish to note that the 2006 version of your software do not have such problem.

May I suggest you look at the difference on the initial loading code of keyboard input between 2006 and 2008/2010. Thanks!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:02 pm

Thank you for your information. I informed our developers to investigate this problem and will report you as soon as I have more information.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

peterjwhite

Post by peterjwhite » Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:58 am

Hi All, I have the same problem as you can see in the attached screenshot. I'm using HTC HD2 with standard WM6.5.

HTC is world's largest manufacturer of Windows Mobile devices by far, and almost all operator branded Windows Mobile phones (O2, Vodafone, T-Mobile, Orange, Virgin Mobile, Telstra, AT&T, etc) are made by HTC so it should be a priority for SoftMaker to address HTC phones.

Further, Asia and mainland China in particular are the world's largest mobile phone markets so it should be a priority for SoftMaker to address this with a fix that supports double byte unicode Asian characters such as Simplified and Traditional Chinese.
Attachments
PlanMaker001.png

peterjwhite

Post by peterjwhite » Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:03 am

Hi Sven, are the developers even looking at this bug or should I contact customer service for refund?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:34 am

The developers are looking for your bug but unfortunately we cannot cannot say when it will be fixed. I raised the priority.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”