Slow to respond

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

schild

Slow to respond

Post by schild » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:53 pm

I have both the 2008 and 2010 version on my device (AT&T/LG Incite). When I open the 2008 version and start enteing text, it appears as soon as I tap the character on the keyboard. I entered "This is a test.". On the 2010 vesion I attempt to enter the same thing. After entering the "T" I get a wait cursor and after awhile (about 10 to 15 seconds) the rest to the text appears.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Slow to respond

Post by martin-k » Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:58 pm

This might be the time required to load the English dictionary (though it sounds really long). Does turning off on-the-fly spellchecking improve things?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

schild

Post by schild » Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:11 pm

I forgot to state that the optins in both versions are set the same. Turning off the spell check seems to allow normal response. Is there that much difference between the 2008 and 2010 spell checking?

Reel Jemm

Post by Reel Jemm » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:37 pm

The only way I can get decent performance with TextMaker is to disable automatic spellcheck.

This is nothing new, it's been the same story since the early days of Pocket PC and Handheld PC editions of this software; and unfortunately, things on this front haven't improved much.

However, the software works 'almost' flawlessly otherwise; and the spellcheck function, albeit a bit slugglish, works once you invoke it after you've written the document and you want to use the spellchecker as part of your final edits.

While I readily admit that TM is a bit sluggish on my iPAQ 210 Enterprise, given all that it does, and considering the price paid, I think this is by far one of the best software package anyone can hope for. But on my wishlist, the ONLY improvement I'd like to see is performance improvement, anything SM can do to make the applications responde quicker, particularly TextMaker and Presentations.

Otherwise, I'm happy, always have been a fan!
Uncle Ben

schild

Post by schild » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:13 pm

I Agree! It's a great product. I've been a fan since SoftMaker started, and I stillam.

Administrator
Site Admin

Post by Administrator » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:36 am

schild wrote:I forgot to state that the optins in both versions are set the same. Turning off the spell check seems to allow normal response. Is there that much difference between the 2008 and 2010 spell checking?
That's because we have a complete new spell checker in TextMaker 2010. The performance will be improved over time.

schild

Post by schild » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:51 am

OK. Thank you.

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”