Problem downloading purchase

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

kamikun

Problem downloading purchase

Post by kamikun » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:36 am

Howdy: I've purchased the suite but cannot download the Textmaker CAB. The other two CABs came down with no problem but after four tries, textmaker itself is getting to 78.9% and stalling each time.

Could you please check the copy you have on the server? Can you think of any reason why the file won't complete?

Thanks

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Problem downloading purchase

Post by sven-l » Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Hello,

we checked our server and the cab file is not damaged or incomplete. Download works for all other customers. Please check your internet connection, restart your PC and try it again.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kamikun

Post by kamikun » Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:22 pm

Sven: Appreciate the reply but I am still having the same issue. I tried rebooting, then again attempted to download via IE8, Opera 10.60 and Chrome 6. I've restarted the computer three times and attempted to download the file about eight times. Each time, the download hangs at around 80% (or 10.3 Meg).

If I gave you my customer number via PM or email could you try to email it to me as an attachment?

Thanks

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:01 am

The file would be too large to send it as an e-mail attachment (more than 10MB). Did you ever try to download the file with the Mozilla Firefox Browser? That should work very well.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kamikun

Post by kamikun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:30 pm

sven-l wrote: Did you ever try to download the file with the Mozilla Firefox Browser? That should work very well.
Sven: I downloaded Firefox, installed it and, unsurprisingly, the exact same thing is happening. After 24 hours, several reboots, and over 20 attempts using four industry standard browsers I am unable to get the entire cab.

In each and every case, the download stalls out at 79% or around 10.6 meg, regardless of the browser.

This is getting frustrating. :evil: I've bought the product but can't access it.

Can you offer any advance on what might be happening? Obviously I can connect to your server; the download starts when I enter the file location. It just never completes.

I had no problem downloading the other two cabs and, just to test it, also had no problem downloading the 123 meg Offce/Win file that was also linked in my purchase email. It is only the Textmaker cab that I can't grab.

Is there anything else I can do at my end?

PS - In both Opera and Mozilla, I've tried repeatedly pausing and restarting the file after it hangs. After doing this about ten times on one download I was able to get up to 81% or 10.9 meg but it stubbornly won't move beyond this. I'll keep "kicking" the download like this for the next 30 minutes or so; if it works I'll post here.
I should also mention that I have left these hung downloads active and walked away from the machine in the hopes that time would solve the problem. IE times out. Opera and Chrome make no more advancement no matter how long I leave the download active.

update - OK, that looks like it worked. I just kept hitting "stop" and "restart" on the Opera download and, after about 25 times and 3 or 4 other hangs, it finally finished downloading. In the morning I'll try installing the cab. Hopefully all the pieces/parts got here without corruption.
Last edited by kamikun on Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:58 pm

I now sent you the cab file (compressed in a zip file) via e-mail. Did you received it? I hope that you can download and extract the zip file.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kamikun

Post by kamikun » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:11 pm

sven-l wrote:I now sent you the cab file (compressed in a zip file) via e-mail. Did you received it? I hope that you can download and extract the zip file.
Sven: Yes. I got your mail SECONDS after posting my success in downloading the file. But, seriously thank you for sending the cab along. That's a good example of why I've been a loyal customer of you guys. :)

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”