(final, not beta) Entering the serial number

This forum is for questions, suggestions, and issues that are general to SoftMaker Office and not specific to one of its applications.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

chrislaarman

(final, not beta) Entering the serial number

Post by chrislaarman » Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:32 pm

I first installed the three parts of Office 2010 as a trial (which turned out to have removed my licensed Office 2008).
As everything appeared to work as expected, I upgraded.

Now I have not found (neither in the software nor in the PDF manual) found a way to enter my license key.
Yes, the confirmation E-mail does provide a way upon FIRST use. But even removing and re-installing the software did not provide me with that way. I did see the personal info fields (under Tools | Options | General), but not the license key field.

Both ways to "Full Version" (splash screen and "About") invoke my browser, readying me for visiting this website.
But I just want to copy and paste those digits I have!

How now?

--
Chris Laarman

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: (final, not beta) Entering the serial number

Post by sven-l » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:19 am

Dear Chris,

please uninstall the trial version first. You cannot enter a serial key into the trial version. Then use the downloads links from the confirmation e-mail to download the full version and install the cab file. When you start TextMaker, PlanMaker or Presentation the first time after the installation you will be asked for your serial key.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

chrislaarman

Re: (final, not beta) Entering the serial number

Post by chrislaarman » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:02 pm

sven-l wrote:Dear Chris,

please uninstall the trial version first. You cannot enter a serial key into the trial version. Then use the downloads links from the confirmation e-mail to download the full version and install the cab file. When you start TextMaker, PlanMaker or Presentation the first time after the installation you will be asked for your serial key.
Oops! I had taken the full version files to be the trial ones that I had already downloaded.

Case solved. Thank you, Sven! :-)

--
Chris

Return to “General”