TM2010 on touch screen smartphone

Post bug reports and suggestions for the TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile beta software.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ajg29

TM2010 on touch screen smartphone

Post by ajg29 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:36 pm

I have installed TM2010 on my Windows Mobile 6.5 smartphone, an HTC HD2. The software runs without problem, menus can be accessed, with care, and the screen can be scrolled using the vertical bar. However there is no support for the touch screen scrolling, by dragging the finger vertically, nor zooming using the two finger pinch. I also could not find any way to change to landscape instead of portrait mode.

Is smartphone touch screen gesture support planned for the future?

Regards
Andrew Griffin

richardm

Re: TM2010 on touch screen smartphone

Post by richardm » Thu Jun 17, 2010 12:44 am

I second this post wholeheartedly. It is very disappointing to still see software being produced that does not make use of the excellent functionality that current WM6.5 phones can offer. The use of touch screens is one major area - especially with HTC Sense on the HTC HD2 - but so is the ability to automatically switch from portrait to landscape mode using the phone's accelerometer.

This is a very powerful product, far outdoing competitors on Windows Mobile, but unfortunately it has not kept up with UI developments on modern phones. Disappointing.

Regards,
Richard

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:02 am

A better support of the touch screen of the HTC HD2 and other Pocket PCs with an capacitive touchscreen is on our wishlist . I raised the priority.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:51 pm

The final version has the ability to work with large menus which are much more finger-friendly.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Beta: TextMaker 2010 for Windows Mobile”