Installing Downloaded Fonts

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2010 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JohnI

Installing Downloaded Fonts

Post by JohnI » Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:24 am

I just downloaded the "Font of the Month" in ttf format and unzipped it into the /fonts directory of the SoftMaker-2010 application.

The font is not visible as a choice on the drop down menu. What do I have to do to install it? Also, can ANY True-Type font be installed or are these modified in some way?

Thanks.

John

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installing Downloaded Fonts

Post by sven-l » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:05 am

Most (or even all) up to date Linux distributions should support true type fonts files. Which one do you use? What does the developers or the website/forum of this Linux version say? Please copy the font files to the default font folder of your Linux system. Does it work then?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:10 am

TrueType fonts that you place in the fonts/ folder below SoftMaker Office should appear in its font lists.

What you cold try to is to go to Tools/Options and add this path to the user-defined font paths listed there. But again, it should already work and I don't know why it doesn't.

What you could try is to see whether the extension "ttf" of the file is really in lowercase. As the Linux file system is case-sensitive, maybe we don't find the font if the extension is in uppercase or mixed case.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

JohnI

Post by JohnI » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:55 am

OK, I added the softmaker fonts directory to the User Fonts as suggested and seems to work. I checked and the primary font list seems to come from the system /usr/share/fonts/ttf directory. Not all of them are listed but most make the list.

So, thanks for the help folks.

John

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Linux”