SoftMaker.com

English-Language Support
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:34 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:50 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

jamespetts wrote:
May I join the beta group? I have a Samsung Galaxy S II, and have used two previous versions of TextMaker for Windows Mobile; I use mobile word-processing regularly for work.

I added your account to the beta group.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:00 pm 

I bought a table and your applications were pre-installed on that device
I used your softwares for about 3 weeks for business and I think they are great but I am going to install a custom firmware on that device.
Can you add me to beta-tester gorup do I can test yor applicatons on Android 3.0?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:52 pm 

Thank you for permitting me to beta test TextMaker. I used it for work this afternoon, and have a few observations. (I found one thing that I think was a bug, but I am afraid that it escapes my memory now: apologies).

Firstly, I use it on a Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 2.3) with a Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard. CTRL+[key] combinations do not work, which makes editing documents difficult. I cannot press CTRL+S to save, CTRL+B for bold, CTRL+I for italic, etc: I have to go through menu options on the screen. Since a non-trivial number of people, I imagine, will use this with an external keyboard, I suggest that this feature be added (it was present in TextMaker 2008 for Windows Mobile). Similarly, SHIFT+[arrow key] does not work for text selection (and nor does touching and dragging on the screen): the only way of selecting text is touching and holding, and then only words or paragraphs can be selected by a menu. I suggest that both touch and drag and SHIFT+[arrow key] text selection be implemented.

Also, document templates do not seem to work as such: selecting file>new does not give the option of starting from a template, and opening a template has the same effect as opening any other sort of document: one must "save as" so as not to over-write the template.

The graphic for selecting the font size reports the number 12 no matter what font size is actually selected. I realise that this may be a graphic just to indicate that one is selecting a font size, but it is somewhat misleading to give a specific size, and it would be useful in any event to be able to see the size selected.

I shall post more feedback when I have the opportunity; I hope that this is helpful.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:22 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

dylan666 wrote:
I bought a table and your applications were pre-installed on that device
I used your softwares for about 3 weeks for business and I think they are great but I am going to install a custom firmware on that device.
Can you add me to beta-tester gorup do I can test yor applicatons on Android 3.0?

Thanks

I added you to the beta group.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:32 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

jamespetts wrote:
Thank you for permitting me to beta test TextMaker. I used it for work this afternoon, and have a few observations. (I found one thing that I think was a bug, but I am afraid that it escapes my memory now: apologies).

Firstly, I use it on a Samsung Galaxy SII (Android 2.3) with a Freedom Pro bluetooth keyboard. CTRL+[key] combinations do not work, which makes editing documents difficult. I cannot press CTRL+S to save, CTRL+B for bold, CTRL+I for italic, etc: I have to go through menu options on the screen. Since a non-trivial number of people, I imagine, will use this with an external keyboard, I suggest that this feature be added (it was present in TextMaker 2008 for Windows Mobile). Similarly, SHIFT+[arrow key] does not work for text selection (and nor does touching and dragging on the screen): the only way of selecting text is touching and holding, and then only words or paragraphs can be selected by a menu. I suggest that both touch and drag and SHIFT+[arrow key] text selection be implemented.

Also, document templates do not seem to work as such: selecting file>new does not give the option of starting from a template, and opening a template has the same effect as opening any other sort of document: one must "save as" so as not to over-write the template.

The graphic for selecting the font size reports the number 12 no matter what font size is actually selected. I realise that this may be a graphic just to indicate that one is selecting a font size, but it is somewhat misleading to give a specific size, and it would be useful in any event to be able to see the size selected.

I shall post more feedback when I have the opportunity; I hope that this is helpful.

I referred them to our developers to investigate what you found. Please open a single thread for every problem you found in the Android beta forums. Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:13 pm 

I am an Intel employee in a partner and business development role for connected devices/cloud computing. I currently have an Android 3.2, Motorola Xoom. I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to beta test the Office 2010 suite for Android. I am certain there is significant upside opportunity for the Office 2010 suite among Intel users and our customer/partner base if we can show our Android development team a strong candidate for an office productivity suite.

Please add me to your beta test community.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:19 pm 

it would be really nice if i could join the beta test. I use planmaker for more than two years now on WM, but i'd like
to change my samsung omnia II for an android phone. So when planmaker for android is ready, i change!
may i join?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:38 pm 

Hi,

I'm a new user of Galaxy S II and I'm looking for an Office Suite for my business. I saw your SoftMaker Presentations 2011 for Android and I am impress. Very nice. I want to try it on my phone.

Thank you to add me to your beta test community.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:34 pm 

Please add my name to your Android beta tester list. I've been a Softmaker fan for years, including the Windows Mobile days . . . I own a Motorola Bionic smartphone in the USA. I suppose this is a foolish question, but any plans to port your Softmaker software to the Apple iOS platform?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:16 am 

Hi,

Could you please add me to the Android beta program? I have a new Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet running on Android 3.1 and a previous Softmaker user on Windows Mobile previously.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:32 pm 

I would love to beta test Softmaker for Android. I am a college student with an Android phone (Droid 3). I have used Softmaker Office on my Dell Axim since 2006 and loved how it brought the desktop Office experience to my device. It would be great having something similar on my Android device.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:43 am 

Can you please add me to the beta group? I have a TMobile Sensation, and more importantly, an ASUS Transformer, so I would love to be able to contribute in any way that could make the suite better on tablets in general, and with the Transformer's keyboard specifically. Former user of SoftMaker on WM as well.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:10 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

I added you all to the Android beta group. You should now have access to the corresponding forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:52 am 

Please add me to your beta test community

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:02 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

fredek7 wrote:
Please add me to your beta test community

Done!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next