Suggestion: Saving documents in high resolution

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Presentations 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

arobbo

Suggestion: Saving documents in high resolution

Post by arobbo » Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:54 pm

Cheers SoftMaker Team,

I understand that the default option when saving Presention slides as images (jpg, tif etc) is 72 dpi. This is fine for onscreen presentations, and I think how PPT has done it for years. However, I have often tried to use PPT (and now Presentations) for the sorts of simple sketches/illustrations that I might do in InkScape, Xara or Scribus - only to be disappointed in the poor resolution when copying Presentation images into other document types. An OLE issue, I guess. However, even taking screenshots of the slides at maximum zoom results in poor image quality. Have you considered providing your users with the option to same their individual slides as images in a range of high resolutions, saving them the trouble of printing and scanning their pages at high resolution, or going via PDF generation - and saving them the trouble of needing other software to fill the gap for simple although high-quality illustrations?

Cheers

EDIT: Whups - much embarrassment - saving the slide as an image, and changing the W x H pixel options gives you higher image resolution. Looks fabulous now with just adding an extra digit to either box. Presentations will now be my "go to" choice for quick and clear flowcharts and schematics etc. Thank You!
Could you consider providing a 'resolution' option in that save dialogue, perhaps?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Suggestion: Saving documents in high resolution

Post by sven-l » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:35 am

arobbo wrote: Could you consider providing a 'resolution' option in that save dialogue, perhaps?
Hello,

I will open a feature request for such an option.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Presentations 2010 for Windows”