Strange results when trying to load a file by dragging

Post bug reports and suggestions for PlanMaker 2010 and PlanMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Neil_Parks

Strange results when trying to load a file by dragging

Post by Neil_Parks » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:00 pm

I have encountered this phenomenon in both Plan Maker 593 and PM beta 635.204. I am using Win XP sp3.

I have Plan Maker open on the screen. I open Windows Explorer ("My Computer"). I select an XLSX file and drag it onto PM. Instead of the open spreadsheet that I was expecting, the file appears as some sort of icon that I don't know what to do with.

But wait--it gets stranger.

I have closed and re-opened PM.

Instead of Windows Explorer, I open an alternative file manager such as 7-Zip or Gyula's Navigator. This time, when I drag the XLSX onto PM, the spreadsheet opens normally, and I can work with it.

But when I try to exit from Plan Maker, it does not completely close. The file manager is locked until I open Task Manager and kill the Plan Maker process that is still in memory.
"Program in haste; debug at leisure."

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Strange results when trying to load a file by dragging

Post by sven-l » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:27 am

I can reproduce the problem with the 7zip file manager here and informed the developers.

When you drag a document into the worksheet, PlanMaker tries to create an OLE object for the document there. To *open* the file instead, drag it onto the title bar of PlanMaker's program window.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Strange results when trying to load a file by dragging

Post by sven-l » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:47 am

This has been fixed now and will work better in the next version of SoftMaker Office.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows”