Cannot create a chart with date/times

Post bug reports and suggestions for PlanMaker 2010 and PlanMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

garybentley

Cannot create a chart with date/times

Post by garybentley » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:08 am

Hi,

I'm trying to create a line chart using date + time for the X axis however it truncates all of the dates to 00:00:00 and thus you do not get any differentiation between the times.

The attached test file shows the problem. There doesn't seem to be any way to "force" PlanMaker to separate out the dates.

Thanks,

Gary
Attachments
date-time-plot-test.pmd
Test file showing the truncated dates.
(16.5 KiB) Downloaded 270 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cannot create a chart with date/times

Post by sven-l » Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:24 am

I tried to reproduce this issue with your file but all dates are shown correctly in the chart. I work with rev. 591 (latest service pack) and attached an screenshot.
Attachments
chart.JPG
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

garybentley

Post by garybentley » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:23 am

Yes but it's not what I want/expect. I would expect there to be multiple values along the X axis whereas there is a single one. If I have 9 values then I would want to see those as 9 points along the X axis not a truncated one for a single date, otherwise I've no way of plotting a chart across a set of date/times.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Please find attached a file with the fixed chart (it should contain what you probably want). There are some more problems with that file which our developers fixed (next service pack).
Attachments
date-time-plot-test1.pmd
(20.5 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

garybentley

Post by garybentley » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:44 pm

Thanks, it's close but of course I'd like to have multiple date/times across different dates as well. I'm trying to chart the change of something over the course of a number of days and see how it varies throughout those days.

Return to “PlanMaker 2010 for Windows”