Images in tables

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2010 and TextMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

TucknDar

Images in tables

Post by TucknDar » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:43 pm

There's one thing that's been bothering me with Textmaker. I use Textmaker to make weekly and monthly plans for the pre-school I am in charge of. I make tables and like to put images in the cells. The problem is that for some reason I can only put images inside cells as a character, not as a regular object. This means that the regular wrapping around images in tables don't work (and also breaks compatibility with MS Word).

Can this be fixed/added? I'd be happy to provide further explanation if needed.

Jossi

Re: Images in tables

Post by Jossi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:01 am

Images can be set into cells as picture frames in object mode, but it is true that text wrapping inside table cells doesn't work. The reason is that the whole table is text, so text wrapping would disrupt the table. You can test this by setting the object properties of the picture frame to "Fix on page" or by attaching it to a paragraph outside the table. In this case, text wrapping is possible, but splits the table in two. If you set the position of the frame relative to a cell or to a paragraph inside the table, the text wrapping buttons are greyed out to prevent this. A possible workaround is to adjust the text margins so that the text doesn't overlap the picture.

TucknDar

Post by TucknDar » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 pm

Jossi, yes you're certainly right about that. However, I'd still like to place images in a table just like in a regular paragraph. This does work in Word, so when I switch between the two (we've got Word at work, and a colleague does as well), the document will look different. I'd love to see this "fixed" or added, if possible.

Anyway, thanks for reading :)

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:23 am

I will refer your suggestion as a feature request to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows”