Bleed?

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2010 and TextMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

carandol

Bleed?

Postby carandol » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:07 pm

Anyone know how to create a bleed in Textmaker? I'd like to produce two PDF documents, one with a few mm of bleed around the edge of the page (because there's a graphical background behind the text) as a print-ready PDF; the other without the bleed, as a standard US Letter sized PDF for distribution as an ebook. I thought it might be possible to do by adding 1cm to the page size all round, and 1cm to the border all round, and putting the background on the master page. This works great for the bleed, but then, when I take the 1cm off the page size and border again, the graphic on the master page moves relative to the text. I don't want to have to start learning to use a seperate DTP package when I know most of the TextMaker tools backwards! :D Any ideas appreciated!
carandol

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bleed?

Postby sven-l » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 am

Do you mean to bleed the whole document or just a picture inside? You can crop picture frames. Just double click on them to access the properties and invoke the tab "picture". Here you can find a crop picture-tool on the right side of the dialog.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:13 am

If you were to create PDFs for printing, I'd suggest simply to keep the added space around the page and let the printer crop it. But since you want to distribute this as an e-book, I don't have a good idea. Maybe create the larger pages and use a PDF utility to crop it?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

carandol

Postby carandol » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:57 am

martin-k wrote:If you were to create PDFs for printing, I'd suggest simply to keep the added space around the page and let the printer crop it. But since you want to distribute this as an e-book, I don't have a good idea. Maybe create the larger pages and use a PDF utility to crop it?

Ah, why didn't I think of that? :P See, you *did* have a good idea - add 1cm to the page size all round in TextMaker, create the PDF like that to send for printing, then use Acrobat to trim 1cm of the document for the ebook. I've tried it, it works! :D
carandol

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows”