RTF export issue with photo captions

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2010 and TextMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

tro511

RTF export issue with photo captions

Postby tro511 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:17 pm

I'm attaching a TextMaker tmd file. It's a simple file that has a photo with a caption and text wrapped around the photo. When exporting it to the RTF format and opening in the MS Word Viewer (probably MS Word too), The font used in the caption gets used in the first "paragraph" too.

If you save it as an RTF and close the file in TextMaker and reopen it, it will import the same way too. It's not that uncommon when writing books, manuals or newsletters to use a different font for captions (although probably not Comic Sans).

BTW, are there plans to implement text wrapping without having to use "picture frames" in future editions?
Attachments
Lorem.tmd
TextMaker 2010 file. Does not export to RTF correctly.
(38.71 KiB) Downloaded 246 times

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: RTF export issue with photo captions

Postby sven-l » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:26 am

Rtf problem: I can reproduce that issue and informed our developers.

2. As far as I know there are no plans to implement text wrapping without having to use picture frames in future editions of TextMaker.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 am

re 2. We already implement a behavior identical to Word. What additional behavior are you looking for?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tro511

Postby tro511 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:58 am

Not looking for anything additional, would just like to be able to do this without using the frame. Just insert the image and have all the options there. It's really not a big deal. I can live with frames if need be.

The RTF export messing up the font, on the other hand, is a big deal! ;)

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:33 am

tro511 wrote:Not looking for anything additional, would just like to be able to do this without using the frame. Just insert the image and have all the options there. It's really not a big deal. I can live with frames if need be.

Object/New Picture inserts a floating image, Object/New Picture Frame inserts a picture frame. So, no extra work, just a different command.

On the other hand, if you first insert a text frame and then insert a floating image into that, you would indeed be doing unnecessary work...
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tro511

Postby tro511 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Ah, I see! Thank you very much.

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows”