margins and master pages

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2010 and TextMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

engine

margins and master pages

Post by engine » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:01 am

Very happy with the master pages function, and as usual finding something I [i]can[/i] do makes me wonder about things I [i]can't[/i] yet do. I'm used to working with four master pages for double-sided documents – first, left, right, empty – and setting different margins for first/right and left/empty so that prints can be stored in binders. I've looked around in the documentation/helps, and can't find out how to do this.

Where should I be looking?
Niels Grundtvig Nielsen
You know what you're talking about ‒ I can help you say it
http://www.kbss27.be

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: margins and master pages

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:57 am

In TextMaker you can find functions like "Different first page" and "Different left and right pages" in File=>Page Setup=>Chapter. Please look also in the manual under "Chapter formatting" (each chapter has its own margins and you can create a own chapter for every page if you want) or search in Help=>About for "Different first page".

For different margins on left and right pages, look at File/Page Setup/Gutter.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

engine

Post by engine » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:02 am

Hm. I find the distinction between master pages, sections and chapters hard to get my head round! I'm happy with "different first page", but I want my first page properties to include margins – the first page has a logo, so it needs more space for the header. If I have to use a chapter break to achieve this, then I could run into problems when I need to add more text to the first page; manual breaks are in general a bad idea <g>

Can I simply set different margins for the first page, and leave Textmaker to handle text flow from then on?
Niels Grundtvig Nielsen
You know what you're talking about ‒ I can help you say it
http://www.kbss27.be

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:39 am

Chapter breaks will always create a new page. If you need to add more text to the first page (chapter 1) later and you run out of space, it will automatically add a new page to chapter 1 with the same margins as the first page.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows”