Occasional user with confusing problems

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2010 and TextMaker Viewer 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

hunzeker

Occasional user with confusing problems

Post by hunzeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:17 am

Hi, I'm an occasional user of Textmaker 2010 and have been very happy with it for about 3 or 4 years. But my knowledge is limited, and I am unable to determine why old documents (which I saved prior to re-formatting my Win7 computer) can't be opened without a pop-up window requesting I register again. I have over 100 documents and it is asking a re-register for each and every one of them. Is there a way to fix this with only one adjustment?

Also, I want to open several of these documents to make small changes in them, but Textmaker will not allow editing once the documents appear.

Any advice is appreciated.

hunzeker in Oregon USA

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Occasional user with confusing problems

Post by sven-l » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:38 am

In which file format did you save your older files? Have you used TextMaker 2010 or another word processor to save your files?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:31 am

I see that you are a user of several free versions (Office 2008, FreeOffice, TextMaker Viewer).

If you refer to TextMaker Viewer 2010, it offers to register you as a user when you start it (not everytime you open a document). You can either do this or ignore it three times. Then there will be another option "Do not show this message again".
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

hunzeker

Post by hunzeker » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:13 pm

I did register for 2010. But what should I do with the documents processed in previous versions? I want to make changes on those pages. Sorry, am a little confused.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:20 am

You cannot edit files in TextMaker Viewer. It is a tool to only open and print files. If you want to edit them you could use FreeOffice.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2010 for Windows”