Feature Request

This beta forum will be closed soon. Please post in the regular forum for PlanMaker 2010 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Feature Request

Post by jimjutte » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:23 am

I think it might be too late to ask for this, but it is something that I wanted to ask about since 2008.

Is it possible when creating external cell reference to simply type the "=" symbol, then click on another file that is also open and click on the desired cell to make it the source of information?

Just a thought.
Cheers
Jim

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Feature Request

Post by sven-l » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Jim,

I don't know if we can implement this Feature with a later Service Pack in Office 2010 or in the next version. I've referred your suggestion to our developers to discuss this. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Feature Request

Post by jimjutte » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks Sven,

I'm not sure I've explained it correctly. Hopefully I have. Otherwise, I think among us we can see why this is important in the future. I hadn't noticed because I tend to work between sheets. As I recall, this was an adjustment to my normal workflow requiring that I copy an entire sheet of data from a different file. The problem is, that cannot always be done because some cells might contain linked data themselves and not pull over all it needs. It is therefore better just to refer to the cell contents.
Cheers
Jim

Return to “Beta: PlanMaker 2010 for Windows”