Textmaker shows the documents dull and of poor quality

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2008 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Jowin

Textmaker shows the documents dull and of poor quality

Postby Jowin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:45 pm

I am using textmaker 2008 on linux mint and whenever I open a file it appears to dull in all the softmaker applications compared to open office can anything be done to improve the viewing as I would like to use softmaker office for better interface!!.....

file in textmaker
Screenshot.png

File in openoffice
Screenshot-2.png

Jowin

Re: Textmaker shows the documents dull and of poor quality

Postby Jowin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:18 am

Oh please!! someone reply!!

Jossi

Postby Jossi » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:22 am

From your screenshots it is obvious that OpenOffice Writer shows not the same font as TextMaker. The TextMaker screenshot says the document is in Courier New, and that's what I see there. In the OpenOffice screenshot the font looks better, but it is not Courier New as I know it. As I'm not really adept either in Linux or in OpenOffice, I have no idea whether OpenOffice substitutes a different screen font for Courier New, but that's how it looks. Could you please check the normal paragraph style and character style you use in OpenOffice?

Jowin

Postby Jowin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:39 am

The font is courier new and the paragraph style is centered.......... Does the normal textmaker for linux shows the files better than mine??..........Would a reinstall be a better option for improving my softmaker office??

Screenshot-3.png

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:42 am

The font that OpenOffice shows is definitely not Courier New. TextMaker is showing Courier New correctly (the document is formatted in Courier New, so it should render in Courier New).

Whether Courier New is a nice font or not is a completely different question, but here TextMaker behaves correctly and OpenOffice does not.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Jowin

Postby Jowin » Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:57 am

martin-k wrote:The font that OpenOffice shows is definitely not Courier New. TextMaker is showing Courier New correctly (the document is formatted in Courier New, so it should render in Courier New).

Whether Courier New is a nice font or not is a completely different question, but here TextMaker behaves correctly and OpenOffice does not.

open office shows the file in every font in a clearer manner..... Can u email me a file that works well in your softmaker and I'll try to open it in my softmaker then we can know if there is a problem with my softmaker.. I have private messaged u my email id..

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Linux”