Adjustin g font size and format in envelopes

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2008 for Linux.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

davec51

Adjustin g font size and format in envelopes

Postby davec51 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:31 pm

I'm just beginning with Textmaker 2008 for Linux. It's very impressive so far, but I'm experiencing total failure with envelopes. I set up for a standard #10 envelope, type in the sender and recipient at 12-point type. The preview looks fine, but then the printing is in at least 24-point type and the text is in strange places. Very little of the address actually gets on the envelope.
I'll appreciate any help.

elcartero

Re: Adjustin g font size and format in envelopes

Postby elcartero » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:47 pm

davec51 wrote:I'm just beginning with Textmaker 2008 for Linux. It's very impressive so far, but I'm experiencing total failure with envelopes. I set up for a standard #10 envelope, type in the sender and recipient at 12-point type. The preview looks fine, but then the printing is in at least 24-point type and the text is in strange places. Very little of the address actually gets on the envelope.
I'll appreciate any help.

Dave, I had the same problem so what I do now is go to
'Insert/Envelope' and set up the return and recipient addresses ensuring that I've chosen the correct envelope orientation under 'Paper Settings' now hit 'Create New Document' NOT 'Print Envelope'.
From 'Create New Document, hit 'File/Print' and you should get a perfectly formatted #10.
I set it up for a DL which prints perfectly on my HP C3180 which is something I have never achieved with OpenOffice or WinXP/Crossover so I'm well pleased.
Let us know how you get on.

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Linux”